hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

sswapper

May 25, 2007
any hotels in the sosua area that is clean, safe,close to the action and $50 and under. thanking you kindly

A

apostropheman

not listed in any particular order :)

hotels:

Waterfront Hotel Waterfront-Dominican Republic Resort Caribbean Vacation Packages,Travel Caribbean Travel Discounts,All Inclusive Travel Puerto Plata Beach Resort For Sale,Beachfront Cottage Caribbean Resorts
Rocky's Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic
Europa Hotel Plaza EUROPA in Sosua - Dominican Republic
Don Andres (may or may not be what you're looking for)
Hotel Don Andres
Casa Cayena http://www.hotelcasacayena.com/
Casa Valeria Casa Valeria
New Garden New Garden Hotel - Sosua
Club Residencial http://www.clubresidencial.com/en/index.html
Las Ca?as (out of town a little but has a shuttle service)
Las Ca?as, Dominican Republic

condos:

Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic The Palms

Condo - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic Rocky's Condos at the Tradewinds

Condo Rentals in Sosua Dominican Republic at Tradewinds and The Palms other condos at the Tradewinds

will you be traveling with a friend to possibly split the rent? if so some of these may also apply...you may need a rental car too for many of these

larger (and farther) condos and villas:

http://sosuaproperty.info/el_neptuno.htm
http://sosuaproperty.info/tradewinds.htm
Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic
Condos Dominicano Welcomes You to Sos?a
Rentavillas, Villas for Rent; Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic villas for sale and for rent at RESIDENCIAL CASA LINDA. Tropical caribbean vacation villas. Real estate on the northcoast of the Dominican Republic
Rentals in the Dominican Republic

there are other possible options i'm sure but these are the best IMO

Last edited:
A

apostropheman

de nada :)
will be traveling with 2 other guys thanks for the info
in that case i would focus on the condos and villas, especially if you will have a car.

Rocky's condos are excellent and close enough to walk although it's about 10+ minutes walk to town centre. the same for The Palms condos. (they're in the same area). between those 2 options you could likely get 3 separate, 1BR condos within your price range, per guy, that are very close together. this is where i usually stay :):bunny::bunny:

alternatively the villas at Casa Linda are excellent value and are wonderful. Villa 43 is a 3BR with 3 queen sized beds. have a look but keep in mind that a vehicle is necessary due to location.

Lou

Jan 15, 2003
How far from town is this place? I've only been to Sosua once, but planning my second trip. I stayed at casa marina loved the location. But, I want to go out and enjoy the country. Is this a decent place?

Lou

Jan 15, 2003
Sorry. Hotel Europa. Traveling with another single guy. Is this a good place for us, or would somewhere else be better?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

hotels:

Waterfront Hotel Waterfront-Dominican Republic Resort Caribbean Vacation Packages,Travel Caribbean Travel Discounts,All Inclusive Travel Puerto Plata Beach Resort For Sale,Beachfront Cottage Caribbean Resorts
Hotel Don Andres

condos:

Condo - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic Rocky's Condos at the Tradewinds

Condo Rentals in Sosua Dominican Republic at Tradewinds and The Palms other condos at the Tradewinds

will you be traveling with a friend to possibly split the rent? if so some of these may also apply...you may need a rental car too for many of these

Dominican Republic villas for sale and for rent at RESIDENCIAL CASA LINDA. Tropical caribbean vacation villas. Real estate on the northcoast of the Dominican Republic

Wow, this is one heck of a list. Very nice job. I think you got all bases covered.

A

apostropheman

the location is a 5 minute stroll east of the main restaurant and bar/disco area in a less desirable part of town IMO. not a bad hotel but not great and again, IMO, there are better options for both quality and location. it's a popular enough hotel and if chicas are your main focus...then it may be perfect. :D

i've had lots of people i know stay there, some still do, but most have moved to either condos, villas or better hotels.

i'd recommend talking to Rocky and also considering a stay at the new garden hotel. the rates are roughly similar but the facilities and the location is better.

the links are all in post #2.

no reason you couldn't book it for a night and have a look around on your first day. that way you can check out a few places and make you own informed choice. (dependent on the time you are traveling and the availability at other hotels. i wouldn't want to to try that during a very busy season, like over xmas, and end up scrambling for a place to stay, so check first.)
Sorry. Hotel Europa. Traveling with another single guy. Is this a good place for us, or would somewhere else be better?

canadian cowboy

Dec 13, 2007
Club Residencial

Thinkin about staying here .... need reviews ... need more than a basic room just personall taste and I think New garden is alittle basic .... any other you can recomend would be appreciated

CC

amtrakker

Dec 1, 2007
Just to add that Casa Valeria has new (friendly German) owners Arien and Diana Vlogtman and the internet page is now www.hotelcasavaleria.com and email is hotelcasavaleria@gmail.com.

Everything?s full and they tried to find me digs at Casa Colibri on Via Anamaria 3 but the motociclo driver couldn?t locate it, so headed to PP instead, loads of basic accommodation in the town centre - Casa Victoriana is basic but friendly and good value at 400DOM per night for hot water and cable TV.

K

Karysan

Hotel Las Canas

I was recently going to stay at the Las Canas Hotel and found out that Domincans are not welcome at the premisses because as the lady administrator or owner of the stores at the hotel said "Dominicans are dogs and loud and nousy people...That is Descrimination...I used to stay with my family for other Christmas and never had a complaint...how she dare to speak about us like that...if she doesn't like our people...what she is doing living in Dominican Republic..
As I have heard you are not even allowed to visit a friend or relative...I don't understand if you pay your money...she decides in the private lifes of the renters...that is insane.

A

apostropheman

interesting first post :ermm:...NOT!

calling someone out (or their business) with no foundation, apparently no attempt at contact and working from, at best, 2nd hand info is just wrong!

in fact it is libelous!

if you have an issue with someone the proper thing to do is to PM or in this case call them.

the contact info from the website is easy enough to find using the search function here or Google.

i strongly suggest you post a retraction and run, do not walk from DR1, never to return under this handle.
I was recently going to stay at the Las Canas Hotel and found out that Domincans are not welcome at the premisses because as the lady administrator or owner of the stores at the hotel said "Dominicans are dogs and loud and nousy people...That is Descrimination...I used to stay with my family for other Christmas and never had a complaint...how she dare to speak about us like that...if she doesn't like our people...what she is doing living in Dominican Republic..
As I have heard you are not even allowed to visit a friend or relative...I don't understand if you pay your money...she decides in the private lifes of the renters...that is insane.
(interesting handle too...care to explain the origin?)
apo-san...:cheeky::bunny::bunny:

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
What a crock of shyte.
I've known the administrator for years before she even moved to Sosua, and she lived in the deepest parts of the country, with Dominicans and no Gringos.
Now you're going to tell us that she's a racist bigot?
I don't think so.
How about you were out of control and were not allowed onto the premises or were kicked out, and now you're playing the race card?

Whatever agenda you have here today, you ain't selling it around here.
We know her too well and she is a highly respected and respectful person in our community.

A

apostropheman

too true Rocky.

i've know her and her husband for almost 3 years now myself and there's no way that it could be true or accurate. that's just not the way they are!

i know many people that have stayed there or been to parties there and have heard nothing but great things.

Las Ca?as has improved 1000% since she took control.
What a crock of shyte.
I've known the administrator for years before she even moved to Sosua, and she lived in the deepest parts of the country, with Dominicans and no Gringos.
Now you're going to tell us that she's a racist bigot?
I don't think so.
How about you were out of control and were not allowed onto the premises or were kicked out, and now you're playing the race card?

Whatever agenda you have here today, you ain't selling it around here.
We know her too well and she is a highly respected and respectful person in our community.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
too true Rocky.

i've know her and her husband for almost 3 years now myself and there's no way that it could be true or accurate. that's just not the way they are!

i know many people that have stayed there or been to parties there and have heard nothing but great things.

Las Ca?as has improved 1000% since she took control.
That's a fact, and everybody in town knows it, and the mere fact that there's at least ten Dominican families living at Las Canas proves that karysan's post is pure fabrication, not to mention that I have several friends who live there with their Dominican wives/girlfriends.
10 to 1 says this karysan was there, and was either denied entry or kicked out for being a noisy troublemaker and now is trying to play the race card.
Heck, Las Canas is like the United nations of Sosua with all the different nationalities living there.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
For a moment...

think about the logic of your post. How could one survive even for a day to reject the people that lve in the country she operates a biz.Now for the BIG question--What is your agenda Ms. ONE Post??

and your answer is________________________________- Fill in the blanks.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
how do rumors get started, started by the jealous people and....*singing*

what about all these rumors ?? :laugh:

A

apostropheman

Hotel Sea Breeze Sosua Hotel / Singles couple bachelor scuba diving retreat Hotel - Sosua Hotels

hotels:

Hotel Don Andres

condos:

Status
Not open for further replies.