Beachfront Hotel?

mina

Dec 1, 2007
I know I'm a bit of a snob, but I really don't like buffets and cheap liquor, so the whole all-inclusive thing doesn't appeal to me.

Can anyone recommend an a nice beachfront hotel, that isn't all-inclusive, and would have bars/restaurants open 24 hrs., or at least 24 hr. room service (I'm a night owl), at a really pretty beach?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know I'm a bit of a snob, but I really don't like buffets and cheap liquor, so the whole all-inclusive thing doesn't appeal to me.

Can anyone recommend an a nice beachfront hotel, that isn't all-inclusive, and would have bars/restaurants open 24 hrs., or at least 24 hr. room service (I'm a night owl), at a really pretty beach?
Any particular part of the country?

mina

Dec 1, 2007
It doesn't matter, as long as I like the hotel and the beach is nice. But everywhere I search, all I seem to be able to find are small hotels and all inclusives.

mina

Dec 1, 2007
Thanks, Rocky. It's nice enough, but their room rates are per person. So traveling alone, I can rent a room for $70 a night, but with my husband, I have to pay $140 for the same room. It seems like they're ripping me off. Besides, I thought the whole allure of the DR was that it's supposed to be cheap. $140 a night (like $160 after tax) doesn't seem too cheap to me.

Can anyone suggest someplace else?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
$55 a night?

Hotel Zapata in Boca Chica is a small ocean front hotel for $55-65 a night per "room" with a free breakfast and a great staff.

http://bocachicabeach.net/index_english.html

Do a search on Boca Chica as some people love it and some people hate it. I think Boca Chica Beach far surpasses Playa Sosua if you like your private little beach area. Boca Chica is also only thirty minutes from Santo Domingo where you can easily spend a day or two doing the "tourist thing".

BTW, 24hr room service means an AI.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Boca Chica is wonderful as long as you don't mind the view of The Port of Newark in front of you. The nightlife in Boca Chica is also geered toward's single men in search of hmmmmmmmm.

Try Cabarete for the best of NON AI life. You will find great restaurants, nightlife and reasonable lodging on the beach.

Cabarete - Dominican Republic - by Active Cabarete

tambo'

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Standing at the rear entrance of Hotel Zapata.

7wsjdbs.jpg

7x41esg.jpg

6okujia.jpg

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks, Rocky. It's nice enough, but their room rates are per person. So traveling alone, I can rent a room for $70 a night, but with my husband, I have to pay $140 for the same room. It seems like they're ripping me off. Besides, I thought the whole allure of the DR was that it's supposed to be cheap. $140 a night (like $160 after tax) doesn't seem too cheap to me.

Can anyone suggest someplace else?

Try the El Magnifico in Cabarete.
Hotel El Magnifico in Cabarete, Dominican Republic
$60.00 a day right now for a standard room, 2 people. $75.00 a day after Dec 16. It is a beautiful place, right on the beach. No restaurant, but there are places to eat nearby.