Hola! I'm new here

tallnomad

Dec 1, 2007
Hello,

I'm so happy I found this site. Great information! I am a young African-American woman who would like to travel to the DR during the summer to learn Spanish. My dad's family is originally from Panama and I have always wanted to learn Spanish to reconnect with my personal history. I've thought about going to Panama, but fear that I would not learn Spanish because English is spoken heavily there.

I will be exploring as many of the posts on here as possible, but I would love any feedback regarding great Spanish-immersion programs, host families and anything else.

I love the beach and the city life, so I am open to everything. The website for Instituto de Espanol Santo Domingo looks really good.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
More tall people, :bunny:.
Welcome, welcome, welcome.

I didn't think that "Tall (honorificetcetera . . . ) Marco" would be so eager to welcome persons just because they use TALL in their handles.

Tall_Me_again

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I didn't think that "Tall (honorificetcetera . . . ) Marco" would be so eager to welcome persons just because they use TALL in their handles.

Tall_Me_again
I remember when there was only Talldrink, then came the Tallman, and now we have a Tallnomad.
I think it's kool.
If we get any more, it might be considered a movement.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
I remember when there was only Talldrink, then came the Tallman, and now we have a Tallnomad. I think it's kool. If we get any more, it might be considered a movement.

Perhaps I'll change my "name" so that I can walk TALL. I became a Grandfather on Monday (for the first time) at age sixty-five and I feel TALL.

(Winter just set in here in Nova Scotia. And it's supposed to be a real winter this time not like the wussy things we've been having lately. Time to think again about the long haul in the DR.)