Xmas party,Need good coffee in Mich that compares to D.R.s coffee.

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Hello, I am serving a few Dominican recipes and desserts at my Christmas party and thought it would be nice to finish it off with a nice rich,strong coffee. But I cant seem to find anything here in Michigan as strong,smooth or full bodied! I can always make what I have stronger. Any Suggestions? I am serving Flan and Tres leche for dessert. Any suggestions greatly appreiated thanks!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This is about as strong as you will find in any grocery store.

8bqdl02.jpg

tambo'

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Wow Thank you for the quick reply I will definetly look for that! Thanks again.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hello, I am serving a few Dominican recipes and desserts at my Christmas party and thought it would be nice to finish it off with a nice rich,strong coffee. But I cant seem to find anything here in Michigan as strong,smooth or full bodied! I can always make what I have stronger. Any Suggestions? I am serving Flan and Tres leche for dessert. Any suggestions greatly appreiated thanks!

Hi there Kimmir

Where are you in Michigan?? I happen to live on the michigan border and have a pound of coffeee beans from the DR as I just got home. Would be willing to share with you!! I brought back 4 lbs and I am gonna go back in February so if I can make your Christmas dinner better just let me know. Feel free to PM me!!

Feliz Navidad
Lizzard

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
Downtown Detriot has a small latin supermarket.. you can find most latin products there to complete your Holiday meal. I lived in Northville, MI and we would drive to Detroit to get some yummy latin stuff. Sent me a PM if you would like exact directions. Feliz Navidad

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hey Texas Bill:

Cafe Bustelo is really the best store bought coffee you will find in the USA.
I am into Stew Leonards Kenya AA French Roast these days, I grind every morning. $5.99/LB if you buy a few LBS at a time is a pretty good deal.

cheers,

tamborista the barista'

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I, my wife, Found Santo Domingo Coffee on Ebay. Seller is Abbys-attic. They have bean and ground. I think it's about $5-6 a pound and the ship all over the country. We got ours in 3 days.