florida to Santiago

nohlgren

Nov 11, 2004
Am flying Tampa to Santiago in March (could go out of Orlando or Miami as well). No problems going down, but notice that American seems to route all the return trips through San Juan, which makes for a long travel day. Don't see any good alternatives on Orbitz or JetBlue. Any new airlines flying Santiago? Any other ideas to avoid a 10-hour day? Do not want to fly out of Santo Domingo unless there is some new service that can get me to La Vega from there without too much trouble. tx

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Fly American direct to STI and back: MIA-STI-MIA

Of course you can save a bundle going FFL-SDQ on Spirit. IF you can fid a flight on the days you like.

We are going to FFL on the 29th and returning on the 6th. for 480 for two of us....not bad...

HB

I just looked at our tickets. DAMN!! There are $200 in Dominican taxes and fees. No wonder tourism is down....absolutely absurd!!

Last edited:

nohlgren

Nov 11, 2004
tx

tx. will check out puerto plata route.

One other question: Current Tampa-STI tickets are $550 with taxes. I notice that American periodically drops fares to the DR for short periods of time, then jacks them back up. Does $550 seem like a good fare in March, which I should lock in, or would I be better off waiting for one of their fare drops? tx