Inn in Cortecito

Alex1

Dec 4, 2007
Just got back from the Dominican Republic.....had a great time, travelled indepently, country is beautiful, at least parts, great truly picturesque beaches, mountains, great food....no problems at all...except for two, that I want to recount for the next traveller.....we went to Jarabacoa and ate at Boca Restaurant..while the food was great, the end of the meal was very bitter. When we looked at the bill, they had charged us 15 to 50% over the menu price for most of our items. When we asked, they told us the menus had changed since the menus were printed, and we needed to pay the new price. When we were reluctant to do so (when we said "NO!", we again got told that the prices had changed...then they attempted to take the bill away again before we noticed that the taxes of 26% on the whole bill also needed to be adjusted. Then they told us the lights were out, and that was why they had problems with the numbers. At any rate, there are lots of other restaurants in Jarabacoa, so I would AVOID this place, ...or at least check my bill very carefully.

Another place we would avoid is Cortecito Inn in Cortecito, though it probably doesn't suffer for custom, as it is the biggest hotel in the town, and at least from the outside, the most inviting. But be prepared for sexual harrassment, rude behavior, being propositioned by the main reception staff for sex in exchange for a slightly lower hotel bill, and be prepared that when the owners of the hotel are located in this small town, that they say...I don't believe you, and are not at all concerned about this reception of guests when located shortly after the event and notified what had occurred.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
But be prepared for sexual harrassment, rude behavior, being propositioned by the main reception staff for sex in exchange for a slightly lower hotel bill

Good gracious! Would you care to expand? Was the lower rate offered when you checked in or when you were checking out? I mean were they as blatant as to say ' a double room is $60 but $40 with nookie' straight up front? How did the 'offer' come about? I'm not being funny - it's just that normally in the DR it is the tourist who is expected to pay for play not the Dominican staff offering a discount so I'd be really curious as to how they worded this discounted rate. Bad news that the owners didn't take you seriously though.

Glad this didn't stop you having a good holiday. :)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
do you remember the name of that employee?, they wear little signs on their shirts with their name on it.
i know the owners and most of the staff, til i read your post i never heard anything neg about the Motel in that direction, i would like to figure out who did that to you to solve the prob.
btw, it isn't ythe biggest hotel in town, it is the smallest, and with several of my customers there over the year i never got a complain, i would really like to know who the bad apple is.
thanks
Mike

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I've stayed at Cortecito Inn and loved it.
The "gym" left a little to be desired if that's what your looking for....but that's the only "negative" I could find there...and that is really stretching it....

I had an amazing time when I stayed there and would LOVE to go back...I would recommend it to anyone, and it would be the first place I check to stay at when I head back there!

Too bad you had such a negative experience..and I agree with Lambada...are you able to expand on what happened at all? Seems so strange...that they would risk their job to proposition you...no chance it was just an inappropriate joke?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
You're leaving out some important details. Are you a male or female?

Were the employees propositioning you male or female?

Unfortunately, the situation at the restaurant is incredibly annoying and I hope you stood up for yourself.

But please, tell us what you DID like about the DR...We'd like to hear that too...

Alex1

Dec 4, 2007
thanks for all of your notes.....this was actually our last night in the DR after 10 great days....enjoying the beauty of DR, traveling to Sosua, Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Las Terrenas, SD, Jarabacoa, Bayahibe, and enjoying the gorgeous beaches, the amazing food, talking with people, experiencing the transportation, enjoying the opportunity to visit the beautiful and fascinating los haites and also enjoying a day of play and party by isla saona in parque del este.......so yes, overall we came away with a very positive impression of DR, this hotel was on our last night, we are 2 women, my friend a little younger and attractive, and this was when we were attempting to check in. We left the hotel immediately after the incident, so a name, I don't have....he was the evening clerk, around 30, male, a little overweight.....and it definitely was not a joke, the communication was blatant, as asked in the 1st post...my friend has a very good sense of humor, and we wouldn't describe any of the other encounters we had with Dominican men as problems.....