Loans against Mobile Homes?

Louis93

Dec 5, 2007
Hi,
I am planning to buy a Mobile Home as my budget is small but I would like to own a home as I am fed up of paying rent month after month. Does any one know about companies which provide loans against Mobile Homes? If yes then what are the options and is there any other relevant information which I should need? Thanks in advance!

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
I've never seen a mobile home in the DR. I'm certain that they would be very expensive to import. Is there a manufacturer?

N

naturelover

are you prepared to get mistaken for a gua-gua and have people hanging on the outside...or did you mean a prefabricated home

N

naturelover

your pots and pans would have a hard time in the potholes,,,no ive not seen one for sale or on the road....perhaps a bus could be customised

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
your pots and pans would have a hard time in the potholes,,,no ive not seen one for sale or on the road....perhaps a bus could be customised

I dont think you are talking about mobile homes, you are talking about campers, there is a big difference, I lived in a mobile home in the Middle East and it was pure luxury

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Bitter person

If you had bothered to read the thread you would have seen it was not mine, it was a friend that needed moorings, I would have thought it better for you to answer the question about mobile homes as you were dragged up in a trailer park as many of us know, hence the incessant need to bite at many people as you so often do on here

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hi,
I am planning to buy a Mobile Home as my budget is small but I would like to own a home as I am fed up of paying rent month after month. Does any one know about companies which provide loans against Mobile Homes? If yes then what are the options and is there any other relevant information which I should need? Thanks in advance!

Sorry! No Mobile Homes in the DR market, but sure as hell you can import anything into the country...

There're some pre-fab construction companies in the DR, but the price and method of erecting the homes is not that far from the norm.

I know of only two people with Class A and C RV's in the DR that currently still own such vehicles, but not as permanent living. The idea of a mobile home is not something the current administration would be fond of. Not on the wake of the TS Noel devastation in the country of homes that could be said in the same specs of the Mobile structures.

To be honest with you, the price of purchasing and importing a mobile home from the US to the DR including the purchase of the lot where it will sit atop of, makes the option of building just the same four external walls in cinder blocks and internals with sheetrock and studs, by far more economical and structurally sound than their mobile counterpart.

The most expensive part could be the lot!

Dominican banks or financial institutions don't offer financing or loans for new constructions for the individual homeowner. If they did, everyone would have had a home by now like the one described above...

diane.jsmith

Sep 28, 2007
Re:

It is really a good idea to have your own home than paying the rent every month! I would recommend you to visit PMI Insurance |What is PMI | Private Mortgage Insurance which would be able to dwell more on the subject as I found it quite useful when I needed detailed information about Private Mortgage Insurance. I am sure you will be benefited by the information the site provides.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi,
1. Like others here I have never seen a Mobile Home in the DR. Certainly there do not appear to be Mobile Home complexes as there are in the US or Europe.

2. Even IF there were Mobile Homes here, I doubt you would get a financing plan for them, Their MOBILITY makes them a bad risk to say the least!!

3. Even IF 1 & 2 above were overcomeable, you would need your own plot to put it on otherwise you would still be renting ...... the ground area underneath the Mobile Home!!

You might consider buying a small plot of land with what finances you have available & then building your own property as your finances permit. You COULD investigate (once you have bought a plot of land) getting hold of a large container from somewhere, putting windows/doors in that suit your configueration & then decking it out to make it comfortable. I am SURE you would need airconditioning though as it will be extremely hot unless you got it under continuous shade somehow!!

Good luck & please let us know how you progress - it could be an interesting lesson for many!! ~ Grahame.