Ocamaima Universidad

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Is anyone familar with Ocamaima Universidad? (The spelling may be incorrect). Do they have a website?

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Our resident professor, Hillbilly should be able to answer your question. He teaches there.

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
This says the cost is $690RD per credit x 16 credits a semester x 4 semesters comes out to $44,160RD per year. Does that sound about right?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Way out of date.
Registration fee is RD$8000 per semester (that is three times a year for a full time student)
Currently, tuition costs are RD$850 per credit. Normal class loads are between 18 and 26 credits depending on what career a person is pursuing. Medicine is at the upper end of that scale. Journalism, Business, Accounting could be at the lower end.
There are also some activities fees and a fee for the student ID that should be worn at all times.

HB

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Way out of date.
Registration fee is RD$8000 per semester (that is three times a year for a full time student)
Currently, tuition costs are RD$850 per credit. Normal class loads are between 18 and 26 credits depending on what career a person is pursuing. Medicine is at the upper end of that scale. Journalism, Business, Accounting could be at the lower end.
There are also some activities fees and a fee for the student ID that should be worn at all times.

HB
So RD$80,000 [(RD$850 x 22 + Rd$8000) x 3] is more accurate? Plus about RD$15,000 for books and incidentals?

Are the Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata campuses on par academically with the Santiago campus?

Sep 19, 2005
that $690 is for a certificate type program for one of their course....I think.

I was reading that.... they offer classes to get things OTHER than a degree.

I used the term certification and I think it only applies to clinic type medical personell.

go to the PUCMM website and select admissions then course offereings... then there is a link to each of the courses and what the classes are.

therer is also a page for fees...
http://www.pucmmsti.edu.do/pagomatricula/disposiciones-2007-2008-1.pdf

this is the other sub degreed course i was thnking of..it seems to be for a LICENSE

XXI-A Programa de Licenciatura en Educaci?n ...............................................RD$ 560.00

bad bob

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
that $690 is for a certificate type program for one of their course....I think.

I was reading that.... they offer classes to get things OTHER than a degree.

I used the term certification and I think it only applies to clinic type medical personell.

go to the PUCMM website and select admissions then course offereings... then there is a link to each of the courses and what the classes are.

therer is also a page for fees...
http://www.pucmmsti.edu.do/pagomatricula/disposiciones-2007-2008-1.pdf

this is the other sub degreed course i was thnking of..it seems to be for a LICENSE

XXI-A Programa de Licenciatura en Educaci?n ...............................................RD$ 560.00

bad bob
Thanks Bob.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The Licenciatura is the Dominican equivalent of a Bachelor's degree, not simply a license.

Sep 19, 2005
The Licenciatura is the Dominican equivalent of a Bachelor's degree, not simply a license.

my bad...many words that are spelled similarly ( english to spanish)mean the same thing...

my point was to give a reason that the RD690 fee was something other than normal pregraduate credits.

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
So RD$80,000 [(RD$850 x 22 + Rd$8000) x 3] is more accurate? Plus about RD$15,000 for books and incidentals?

Are the Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata campuses on par academically with the Santiago campus?

No. POP only offer a few full courses. Santo Domingo does not yet have medicine or some of the Engineering courses. Plus in Santo Domingo there are fewer student services. And I seriously question the academic level of Santo Domingo. I think they give away grades. Yes, I know, I am saying something out of school but no way that out of 36 grads in Economics there were 30 with high honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude and Summa Cum Laude
)
Santiago is the full service campus.

HB