Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Ocamaima Universidad

Is anyone familar with Ocamaima Universidad? (The spelling may be incorrect). Do they have a website?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

pucamaima

www.pucmm.edu.do

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Wow, that was quick. Any idea of the costs?
    Last edited by rellosk; 12-05-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Our resident professor, Hillbilly should be able to answer your question. He teaches there.
    Last edited by A.Hidalgo; 12-05-2007 at 08:28 PM. Reason: delete words

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This says the cost is $690RD per credit x 16 credits a semester x 4 semesters comes out to $44,160RD per year. Does that sound about right?

Post Thanks / Like

Way out of date.
    Registration fee is RD$8000 per semester (that is three times a year for a full time student)
    Currently, tuition costs are RD$850 per credit. Normal class loads are between 18 and 26 credits depending on what career a person is pursuing. Medicine is at the upper end of that scale. Journalism, Business, Accounting could be at the lower end.
    There are also some activities fees and a fee for the student ID that should be worn at all times.

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Way out of date.
    Registration fee is RD$8000 per semester (that is three times a year for a full time student)
    Currently, tuition costs are RD$850 per credit. Normal class loads are between 18 and 26 credits depending on what career a person is pursuing. Medicine is at the upper end of that scale. Journalism, Business, Accounting could be at the lower end.
    There are also some activities fees and a fee for the student ID that should be worn at all times.

HB
    So RD$80,000 [(RD$850 x 22 + Rd$8000) x 3] is more accurate? Plus about RD$15,000 for books and incidentals?

Are the Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata campuses on par academically with the Santiago campus?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    That's where I saw $RD690 per credit, which HB says is out of date.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

that $690 is for a certificate type program for one of their course....I think.

I was reading that.... they offer classes to get things OTHER than a degree.

I used the term certification and I think it only applies to clinic type medical personell.

go to the PUCMM website and select admissions then course offereings... then there is a link to each of the courses and what the classes are.

therer is also a page for fees...
    http://www.pucmmsti.edu.do/pagomatri...007-2008-1.pdf

this is the other sub degreed course i was thnking of..it seems to be for a LICENSE

XXI-A Programa de Licenciatura en Educación ...............................................RD$ 560.00

bad bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast