Future good chef?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
On the way back from Bayahibe yesterday I gave a lift to two men dressed like chefs that were waiting on the road upwards from Bayahibe to La Romana. Talking to them I found out that they were taking the chef course at INFOTEP facilities in Bayahibe. It is a two-month long theory and practice course. At the end of the course they hope they will get jobs in the kitchens of La Romana or Bayahibe/Dominicus hotels.

Turns out that they have to pay RD$100 a day in transportation to get to La Romana, so on a daily basis they try to hitch a ride back and forth.

Interviewing them on their background, one of the guys I think would be worthy of a break if someone would know of suitable employment.

He told me that he has finished a junior year in high school but didn't go for his last year when the opportunity to take the chef course showed up. He took a carpenter's course at the Vocational High School of the Armed Forces, but changed career when he was told all the dust could affect his health, apparently he got sick. He then took a cooking course at the Vocational High School of the Armed Forces, and then followed up with the INFOTEP two-month course he is taking now.

He said he needed to find a job for as soon as he finished the course. He seemed a good candidate for someone to give him a break and employ him at a villa in Casa de Campo, where he could work under a good cook and learn more about the trade. He had a good way about him.

His tel is 809 550-4038. He lives in La Romana, so the commute to Casa de Campo would be comfortable for him. His name is Daniel. I think he would be worthy of an interview and a chance. He seemed eager to continue to learn. You could mention you heard of him from the lady that gave him the lift on Wednesday. He will differentiate from any other lift if you tell him it was the lady who made a stopover with them at the herb garden in La Romana.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And I didn't bump into you yesterday?? Here I was sleeping away in Buena Vista Norte!!

Now in Cap Cana, enjoying a bit of " otherworldliness".

HB