Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Swept under the Rug!

Why is it more common for scandalous major new items here in the DR to be swept under the rug, more so than in most countries of the world?

1)This morning the PLD (government) spokesperson Pared Perez, said the Sun Land case is "CLOSED". Huh? Do they think we are all STUPID? How arrogant?

2) The crappy Chinese Toothpaste imported from Panama a few months back, nothing more said. Who is the clown who imported the container loads of this stuff to the DR? Nobody responsible? Could it be one of the large powerful families, who run this country?

3) Ramoncito found guilty, but not going to jail? His questionably gained assets are held by family and friends and they will never give them up. Why even go through the charade of a trial?

4) Not a major news item, but why is it when a Gringo/Foreigner is involved in a Car accident, no matter who the guilty party is, the Gringo almost always pays (99.5% of the time). And pays dearly, at that.

Just some simple questions to ponder on this Christmas Season. Happy Holidays to all!

This is "Why I Live in the DR", I love challenges.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Sun Land is a multi party services provider, needless to say hmmm...

2) When you hear that the guilty party that imported the goods "may even be mentioned" that's the cue to know it will rest along side the "Who really killed JFK".

3) You need a trial to get rid of the attention quick and then let it sink along Titanic to the bottom of the cold and dark ocean...

4) Once a foreigner your forehead was branded with the Omen... $$$
    One Dominican at a time please!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    1)
    2) When you hear that the guilty party that imported the goods "may even be mentioned" that's the cue to know it will rest along side the "Who really killed JFK".
    Uhhh, that did hurt

One can not come to a country to escape the rat race of more developed and (more) equal justice centered countries and in turn expect all things to be equal. Part of the experience of "more" freedom here, applies also to the powerful and affluent, actually, a little more than to the average Joe (Jose), just like everywhere else.
    Making it (rich) here from scratch, has, just like most everywhere, to do with being bold and having "the bones". Once a certain level is achieved it becomes a perpetuom [spelling] mobile.

... J-D. Sauser

Post Thanks / Like

Ususallyand I mean usually!!! when there are injuries in an accident or death, the offending driver goes to jail for a night at least, or until bail is set.
    Not for Jaime David Fernandez, the former Vice President...

In last Thursday's CLARO newspaper(?) a columnist called the President a liar!! three times!!
    Yet not one word of rebuttle. In fact, there were items in the press all week about how the Supervisor of Public Works actuall ASKED the government's accounting office to register the IOS's as PUBLIOC DEBT!! But they were not because it would have disturbed the IMF too much...

These people (PLD) are so arrogant...President is a liar, the ministers are liars, etcetcetcetc. They have the nation's best " spin Doctors"...

Just ask yourselves where does the money come from to build all of these highrises????

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

IF it was any other party on power, wouldn't you agree that they would be arrogant and parties like the PLD would be among those to bite off their teeth trying to show the lies and abuses they would perpetuate?

... J-D.
    Last edited by J D Sauser; 12-06-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry double post (and I can't figger why).

... J-D.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, J.D., I agree. but these people are so much more arrogant than anything we have ever seen here.
    Mega projects = mega corruption, seems to be ther modus operandi.

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see we agree, Hillbilly, I would have hated to sit in the position not to.

Anyway, you above most seem to have a good handle on this country's history, so, I am putting my suspicion forward to you, that I think that what may have changed also is, that today it has become more fashionable and inclusively, more survivable to bring issues like these to the light and inclusively openly call the President a mentiroso?

I mean, this country, just like most other Latin American countries, is splattered full of failed and unfinished or otherwise useless egomaniatic [sp] "proyectos"... of which many date way before this current government.

... J-D.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

During the last government (PRD) we used to refer to them as "clowns".
    What are we calling them now? Definitely not serious!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Look at today's papers! The Supreme Court has had to ORDER Diandino Peņa to turn over the paperwork for the Metro....And then his lawyer reveals that some of the paperwork does not EXIST!!
    A 25 billion peso project (at last estimates) and there are no studies??? Studies that were said to cost RD$700 million???? Geological/geophysical surveys of the ground and so forth!!
    OMG!! And people are going to ride on this monstrosity??

HB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast