looking for fruit & veg market and fish market in Sosua/Caberette area

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Are there any fresh fruit & vegetable markets and fresh fish markets in the Sosua/Caberette area? Organic?

Thanks in Advance!!

Danny

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Are there any fresh fruit & vegetable markets and fresh fish markets in the Sosua/Caberette area? Organic?

Thanks in Advance!!

Danny

There are plenty of little "stores" in the rural areas of Sosua and enven inside Charamicos, who sell "viveres" (vegetables and such, as well as grains). They buy regionally, and accept merchandise from very small farmers. Organic? Well, if you're lucky some of these farmers may not have the money to... :surprised

Fish: I only know one place in Puerto Plata which is also said to sell to the hotels (so, it's a trusted source) right off half way down Kuhnhardt (on the steepest slope). Sorry I forgot the name. Organic? Well, since ciguantera IS naturall and mercury and lead are naturally occuring elements... :D

Nasty little jokes set aside, I (would like to) think that besides mussels and shrimp most is just pulled out of the sea.

... J-D.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
You can buy frozen fish in Charamicos, But I don't remember the name of the street so you would need to ask around, that's what I did.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Fish market on main road just west of Tropicoco Restaurant in Cabarete.

Vegetables... little store next to Janet's at east end of Cabarete usually has nice looking fruits & vegetables, but usually 'the basics' with not much variety.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
I heard that the best place for fish is Gaspar Hernandez. I have also been told that Islabon has few fisherman.

Organic fruits and vegetables!!! DR farmers are known to abuse pesticides and chemical fertilizers. Best thing is to grow your own. don't need a lot of space, a backyard can gibve you plenty, if you live in a house and not a condo, of course.

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
thanks

Organic fruits and vegetables!!! .....

Yea I figured that was a stretch. Actually I don't shop organic now but staring at 60 think its time to be concerned what I put in my body...

Best thing is to grow your own. don't need a lot of space, a backyard can gibve you plenty, if you live in a house and not a condo, of course.

All ready have some fruit and probably will add some more and some veg and herbs, yes house and I like to cook.

Think I'll learn to fish also....

Don't want to have to drive a lot to get ripe picked fruit and vegetables.
I've seen the orange stands but not much more except the egg kids. Most of the people I've come to know are much younger and don't think they do a lot of shopping, no not chicas, surfers, so didn't think about asking. Posted here with trepidation of receiving some smart ass comments especially about the organic request but everyone behaved themselves.

Don't want to have to drive a lot to get ripe picked fruit and vegetables. Guess best to just explore some more myself.

Thanks.