Looking ahead--2008

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
See here for old resolutions!

I know, I know, it's EARLY YET. But I am working crazy hours this month and am taking advantage of some time off to do this traditional post.

First, if you check the link, I failed at my resolutions completely. I did NOT hang with Carina, I did NOT have a drink with Christa, and I did NOT meet Piblet. I lived CLOSE to the Samana peninsula, but that doesn't count--gazing at it on the road to Nagua just doesn't count.

But 2008 is a new year! A clean slate, if you will!

And this is what I resolve!

1. To return to the DR and see people I truly care about!
2. Vote in the US election, and do it in an informed manner!
3. Make money blogging/taking pics! (I'm no dooce...yet!
4. Raise enough money to give two scholarships for two boys in Cabrera!

These are my humble resolutions. Feel free to share yours all month long.

(And excuse my exclamations, people. I'm excited to see this year end and a new one begin.)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Interesting thread. For me - concentrate and stay more focused on my career, learning Spanish and building relationships with my family members (I was finally able to see all of them this year, felt great :)). Travel to the DR and in general see more places, learn more about the world around me and stay safe at all times, not take responsibility for someone else's problems since I has only gotten me in trouble and did not resolve anything.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm too old to have resolutions. The only thing that happens, is that I get more entrenched in what I know is 'right living'. So resolutions have a lot more to do with dont's, than with do's.

Don't mess with 'anyone', then 'anyone' won't mess with you.
Don't let 'Uncle Sam' catch you! 'Uncle Sam' does not want you, he wants either your money, or your expertise, or your energy, so, make sure he does not catch you (governments suck!)
Don't become the quintessential mother .. otherwise everyone will think you're the only one capable of dishing out the 'hot cocoa' and you'll have to do it for ever and ever ....
Don't ever stop your own voice! Keep talking, even it it creaks!
Don't ever think sex is not for the mature! The young 'uns just don't know how to do it!
Don't ever stop looking/listening/drawing/painting/writing/living/cooking/walking/loving/smiling/caring ----

What to they say MaineGirl .. Next year in Jerusalem! ;)

And the only Do!
Do Good! Love Good! Live Good!

Aug 21, 2007
Chris- I think your resolutions are perfect! Will it be plagarism if I adopt them as mine? I don't know you, but from what you write, I wish I did and feel I do! Thanks for being a wise woman.

Lindsey

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Chris- I think your resolutions are perfect! Will it be plagarism if I adopt them as mine? I don't know you, but from what you write, I wish I did and feel I do! Thanks for being a wise woman.

Lindsey

I second that motion and can totally relate to her resolutions!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
All these new year's resolutions are BS. We can never change our nature for a very long time. We might make some adjustments and try to improve out behavior and maybe even attempt to change our lives, but after some time, we come back to our default state.
This new year resolution is another invention of lazy bored women who have nothing to do but make more false promises to themselves.
AZB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I want to try to hit the gym more often.

But most of all, I want to spend more quality time with my two boys (ages 10 and 16).

Aug 21, 2007
AZB- Come on. It's the new year. New opportunities. A new day. Don't be a pessimistic sour pus. You will only make yourself miserable.

Lindsey

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Having just completed a three day course of 7 Habits of Highly Effective people I've come to realize I haven't been in contact with my family enough.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB- Come on. It's the new year. New opportunities. A new day. Don't be a pessimistic sour pus. You will only make yourself miserable.

Lindsey

Ok, lets see. More traveling, more colombia, less sugar and more workout? yeah, I know myself better to believe in all that.
Lets make it more realistic for myself.
More BBQs, more traveling, make more money and possibly, move to santo domingo.
now lets see what i will do to accomplish all that.
AZB