Re: People who need people...

G

Greg

Re: People who need people...

Jeez, enough with the politically-correct police, please.

Whenever anyone says that Dominicans are one way or another, you point out that all cultures have people like that! OF COURSE! We all know that.

At the same time it is true that cultures exist in this world, all you have to do is open your eyes and see. And each culture has its own idiosyncracies.

Personally, I am tired of a world that tries to get us to view all people as the same. Men should be the same as women, women like men. Germans like Russians, French like Americans. It is ABSURD.

Here is a new suggestion. How about if politically correct starts celebrating our DIFFERENCES! Celebrating what it is to be American, to be German, to be Catholic, to be Hindu.

Personally, I find people just like myself a bit boring. Variety is what interests me. I am a white Jewish American married to a black Catholic Dominican. We are as different as the color of our skin. And you know what, I like it that way!

P.S. a gross generalization is just what term implies: "generally true" not "absolutely" true.

P.P.S. My wife really likes merengue and salsa music. I have noticed on my many trips to the DR that most Dominicans do too! I would say that as a gross generalization Dominicans like Merengue and Salsa music. But then I suppose you will want to take issue with this statement as well! ;-)