Trave Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitty1

Dec 7, 2007
Waned info onbest way to get from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata & the time it would take.Thanks

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Both Mtero and Caribe tours offer service on this route. I know that Caribe tours leave every hour on the hour. I have used both and didnt find a huge difference. There are stops in La Vega and Santiago so count on reach Puerto Plata in aprroximately 4.5 hours. They are coach buses and are very comfortable but take a polar fleece as the AC is cranked right up.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Both Mtero and Caribe tours offer service on this route. I know that Caribe tours leave every hour on the hour. I have used both and didnt find a huge difference. There are stops in La Vega and Santiago so count on reach Puerto Plata in aprroximately 4.5 hours. They are coach buses and are very comfortable but take a polar fleece as the AC is cranked right up.

Very true and they will not lower the AC for anyone (incredible with the price of gas)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Very true and they will not lower the AC for anyone (incredible with the price of gas)

Not only that, but don't even think about wearing shorts and sandals/flip flops on any of these bus trips. You will pay for it dearly.:cheeky:

I made that mistake once and never again.

Thats' how cold it gets on those buses.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Ha........... What has happened to all those hardened men of steel????? (Yeah, alright .... frozen solid with the cold A/c of those buses!!!)

If you have a small towel (hand towel size) or something similar, jam that up the gap near the top of the window to stop the cold air blasting down. It then gets pushed to some other unfortunate group of passengers!! ~ Grahame.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
One bus driver with Caribe actually turned the A/C down.
Maybe when even a 'gringo' says it's too cold it must be.

What's Metro like? Heard newer buses but seats are smaller (not so bad if you are beside a sweetie but grandma?)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
One bus driver with Caribe actually turned the A/C down.
Maybe when even a 'gringo' says it's too cold it must be.
No - the opposite - they usually say "the gringos ALWAYS complain" and roll their eyes. I have a few items of winter clothing that I bring out for the cinema and bus trips only.

Status
Not open for further replies.