Travelling to Santo Domingo

DRLover1

Dec 7, 2007
Hi,

Me and my friend would like to visit Santo Domingo next April but cannot get direct flights from where we live (manchester uk) as far as i can see i can only find a few options to get there. Travel to Madrid then on to Santo Domingo, Fly direct to punta cana then connect to SDQ or fly into POP or PUJ and get a coach to SDQ. Can anyone tell me how long the coach journey is and how much i should expect to pay? I have been quoted ?630 with Iberia to fly man-mad-sdq but its a long lay over and maybe easier to do 9 hrs direct then a coach. Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated!
Many Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
We recommend finding a flight into SDQ. If you fly into POP or PUJ you will be four hours away from Santo Domingo. The bus to Santo Domingo, from either POP or PUJ, is about US$10 but the taxi to the bus station is about US$30 so figure an added US$40 plus a four hour drive, plus your flight will have to come in during daytime, say no later than 1pm, so that you have time to clear customs and make it to the bus station.
After a long flight, I don't think you would want to travel by bus so long. Better to book a flight through Madrid. In addition to Iberia, check into options with Air Europa and American Airlines.

Also look into Air France from Paris to Santo Domingo.