You Tube DR Photo Slideshow

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Saludos!
I want to invite everyone to view my "Images of the Dominican Republic" photo slide show now on You Tube. A cable TV company liked it so much that they have been runnning it hourly on their cable station available on the North Coast.
Here is the link: YouTube - Images of the Dominican Republic.
Gracias,
Paul Gerace

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Great photos! You certainly have a knack for this.
Loved your previous photos as well.
Keep 'em comin'

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
As usual nicely done. Was wondering if the photos were picked in a particular order or was it done randomly.
Gracias.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Gracias Me_again, bigbird, Matilda, and A.Hidalgo.
The song was chosen because Yoskar Sarante is one of my favorite Bachata artists. He sings with lots of 'sentimientos', and this song is about life.
I chose the images that I felt show the spirit of the people and the beauty of the island....sentimientos and life. The order just sort of fell into place.
Paul

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife and I both enjoyed the slide show, and the music complimented it very well indeed. I was thinking "here someone who has captured the essence of the DR" I'll be in Jarabacoa the last 2 weeks of December and Hope TO TAKE PLENTY OF PICTURES MYSELF. Paul, great job.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Thanks Bob. I hope you get to post your pics of Jarabacoa when you return. I haven't been there in a few years.
Paul

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Wow, you never disappoint all of us with your great creativity. You truly have a knack of capturing the very essence of the DR in your beautiful pictures.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Grrrracias DRLoca. Hopefully one day I will find a publisher who agrees with your comments so that the whole world can see the beauty of the island and the people.
Paul

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Grrrracias DRLoca. Hopefully one day I will find a publisher who agrees with your comments so that the whole world can see the beauty of the island and the people.
Paul

If I knew one, I would gladly put in a good word for you;)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
great pics paul! you never dissapoint! i love the yoskar sarante song as well. i think what i like about your photos is that they are of the PEOPLE of the DR and just not pretty pictures of beaches and hotels etc.

I do love the climate and the beaches etc...but its the people that capture my heart again and again.

My photos are not nearly of your quality...but i need to add some new ones to the media gallery.

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
Paul.. Congrats on a job well done! Great pictures.. I have a profound love for photography. On my next trip to DR I want to take pictures of the Dominican people and their beautiful country. .. I will post them to the DR1 gallery.

Please share more pics.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Hi Kat.
Thanks for the compliment.
I do have more images here on DR1 in the media gallery section at http://www.dr1.com/media/showgallery.php/cat/505.
I also recently did an EBook with many images and I wrote about why I took those particular images, as well as photo tips when photographing in the DR.
I look forward to checking out your photography as well.
Paul