In need of someone to perfrom a deslinda.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Does any one have a reliable person on the north coast (POP) who can perform a deslinda. I have received one contact for a DR1 rep and have contacted that person 3 times but no response. I would really like to get this done as soon as possible. So please, if any one has a name and contact info if you would forward it along.

thanks Phil

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Call Horscht. He is German but speaks Spanish and English fairly well. 809-884-3268, 809-550-2906. Tell 'em Chip sent you.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
At the risk of looking like an idiot (again), what exactly is a "deslinda?" Is it a survey of property? TIA!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
At the risk of looking like an idiot (again), what exactly is a "deslinda?" Is it a survey of property? TIA!

"deslinde" ("deslindar") is the legal separation (new outline) of a plot out of larger piece of land. A new registrable deed will be the final result. It would so seem that here it has been common practice to sell a piece of a larger piece of land just by describing the size and location in a contract. Such can not be registered at the land register and now a new law forces resales of these bits and pieces to be measured properly so that a legal deed (escritura) can be issued and these properties can be registered.
The word comes from the word "linde" and "lindar". "El linde" is the separation line of two properties (example: "... este es el linde de mi solar, el otro lado es de Juan"), "lindar" means that something is next to something else (example: "... mi casa linda con un colmado viejo").
Search the "Legal" Forum for more in depth explanations of the legal ramifications of "deslinde".

... J-D.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Perfecto

Thanks. That was exactly the type of answer I was looking for... with all the info I needed!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks Chip, I had talked with him a month ago and he said he would call me back, but I never heard from him. I'll call him again, perhaps he was very busy then. thanks again.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks Chip, I had talked with him a month ago and he said he would call me back, but I never heard from him. I'll call him again, perhaps he was very busy then. thanks again.

I just talked to Horscht and he apologized and said he has been super busy. He is very much interested in doing work on the North Coast. Also, he said there is a new law for deslindes and it is making the work more difficult now.

He requests that anyone who needs surveying work to contact him by sending him an email at mensura_total@hotmail.com . Please be sure to put the address/location of the parcel there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Unless Horchst(SP?) is a member of Codia, his deslindes are worthless. An agrimensor that is affiliated with Codia must sign off on this. Maybe the guy is playing middleman between foreigners that don't know beans about the process and can't speak enough Spanish to get it done.

Anyway there is a guy called Kunhhardt,( there in Puerto Plata)) who did mine in Punta Rucia, and it has stood up for twenty years. OOPs, see that they are now on Calle del Sol in Santiago. 809 582 0221

A couple of firms in Santiago, one of which, Casanova, is nearly 100 years old. Lorenzo Casanova, Sully Bonelly 24, 809 247 3593.

FYI, things are no more complicate now than before...

HB

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I posted and recommended Miria Kunhardt about 2 months ago when this same question was asked. HB is correct except for the gender, unless he used her father (retired) or grandfather (passed on). Miria is one of the best respected surveyors in the D.R. Some surveyors are not members of Codia and you will find yourself starting all over. Bin there...done that.

Ringo

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Unless Horchst(SP?) is a member of Codia, his deslindes are worthless. An agrimensor that is affiliated with Codia must sign off on this. Maybe the guy is playing middleman between foreigners that don't know beans about the process and can't speak enough Spanish to get it done.

Anyway there is a guy called Kunhhardt,( there in Puerto Plata)) who did mine in Punta Rucia, and it has stood up for twenty years. OOPs, see that they are now on Calle del Sol in Santiago. 809 582 0221

A couple of firms in Santiago, one of which, Casanova, is nearly 100 years old. Lorenzo Casanova, Sully Bonelly 24, 809 247 3593.

FYI, things are no more complicate now than before...

HB

These guys aren't middlemen, I can assure you - Horscht has a partner in his company, "Mensura Total" in La Romana, who is certified with Codia and they work all over the island and with foreign companies. Horscht is fluent in Spanish and German(of course) and more than reasonably proficient in English. He has more than ten years experience as a surveyor in the DR and is honest and reasonable. I met Horscht on a project we worked on together back in 2000 - satellite mapping the island for Codetel using gps. He worked as a subconsultant for a company out of Virginia Beach.

Also, Horscht is the lead surveyor for the Central Romana corporation, if that tells you anything. I recommend anyone to call their office and ask for him. Central Romana 809-689-1779.

....and I'm sure if HB recommends a surveyor they are good too. Therefore, I recommend that anyone needing a survey to call around and get the deal that accomodates them the best. Make sure to ask how long the deslinde will take and if price is complete or may there be other charges.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
....and I'm sure if HB recommends a surveyor they are good too. Therefore, I recommend that anyone needing a survey to call around and get the deal that accomodates them the best. Make sure to ask how long the deslinde will take and if price is complete or may there be other charges.

I'm sure if HB recommends a surveyor, they've stood the test of time. In the DR that means they have clout, history, connections and they've been around. I'll use that anytime above any other certification. I'll pay the price, I'll do the deal. But I'll have the assurance that it is good! :rambo:

The buyer pays for a deslinde - usually ...

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Who generally pays for a deslinde--the buyer or the seller?

In my case we do. The title was issued after the law changed requiring a deslinda before it can be sold. I suppose I could wait until we decide to sell but prefer to get this done before then. Also we found someone in POP to perform the deslinda. After emailing Horscht and others recommended by DR1 we never heard back from any of them so I suspect they are very busy or perhaps not interested in work in POP.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Who generally pays for a deslinde--the buyer or the seller?

In my case we do. The title was issued after the law changed requiring a deslinda before it can be sold. I suppose I could wait until we decide to sell but prefer to get this done before then. Also we found someone in POP to perform the deslinda. After emailing Horscht and others recommended by DR1 we never heard back from any of them so I suspect they are very busy or perhaps not interested in work in POP.

I talked with Horscht and he explained that a deslinde is a somewhat complicated process that usually takes months to complete and therefore he can't justify the additional travel expenses with the amount he usually asks for. I apologize and should have asked him early on what he would be available to do on the North Coast. Nonetheless, he knows a good surveyor in Santiago, Franz Martinez who may be interested. He unfortunately cannot recommend any good ones on the North Coast even though he has worked all over the island for more than 10 years. Apparently they have the local market wrapped up and their own price structure(fueled by unawares foreigners) and don't like to work with other surveyors on the island.

Also, the going price for a deslinde in La Romana is US2000 to US2500. Let me know if you want the contact info for the Franz in Santiago.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks for your help Chip, got your PM. For my are (POP) we were quoted 45,000 peso's and 6 months by a local working and living in POP.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks for your help Chip, got your PM. For my are (POP) we were quoted 45,000 peso's and 6 months by a local working and living in POP.

That price sounds good too me according to what I was told a normal price would be. Make sur ethe person has reputable references, preferably foreigners, who have done work with them before. Let me know if you need anything else.

Chip