SELF DEFENSE EQUIPMENT STORES in SDQ?

FRANKFURT

Sep 25, 2007
Does anyone know if there are any Self Defence Equipment Stores in Santo Domingo. I am mainly interested in Pepper Spray, Tasers, Stunt Guns, etc. Just want to keep the muggers away.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Choices" Listed Are NOT The Answer!

Best advice is to stay clear of areas where you might be "Mugged". Areas,time of day, stay in a "Group"! NEVER carry ANYTHING of value!
Once you are being "Mugged",just stay as calm as you can,and give up anything they want!
Most of the "Self-defense" items you listed are not that easy to use,and can be taken away from you and used against you!
Remember,this is more than likely your "FIRST TIME" being mugged! This is NOT their "First Time" mugging someone! They will have the "Element-Of=Surprise"! What do you intend to do,walk around with a "Pepper Spray",or a "Stun Gun" in your hand?I will bet on them every time!
Cris Colon

FRANKFURT

Sep 25, 2007
Thanks Criss

I appreciate the advice. I did not mentioned what I do for a living but those encounters with muggers get my adrenaline going. Have you witness the body's reaction to 80,000 (non-lethal) volts of electicity? The spray is just so I can work on them one at a time without loosing them.

Anyone need protection? Call me.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
First, I would be interested about the legality of stun guns and such here. Pepper sprays can be bought at super markets (check outs), still, I don't know if they are really legal. I know many have them and of some who have actually used them with some success (at least they lived to tell).
It is true, most foreigner tend to make big plans about what all they would do if they'd ever get mugged or attacked, but then, most would freeze or fumble, while many Dominicans may sadly have had some experience with these situations, and thus better chances of doing the right thing (which is not to say that "freezing" is in all cases the worst thing to do... works with snake encounters too.)

... J-D.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
On the other side of Feb.27 by Caribe Tours there are many gun stores.

A good one is P.S. & Asociados, S.A. There are two locations.

Av. Lope de Vega no. 47, local 27-A Plaza Austuriana
809-227-2391/2392

Av. Francia No. 101 Esq, Federico HenriquezyCarvajal, Gazcue
809-221-9042/227-9045

If these two don't have what you want chances are you won't find it anywhere else here.

FRANKFURT

Sep 25, 2007
Sky You Are The Man!

SKY, Thank you very much for the info I will surely visit either one of the stores or both to see if they have any goodies I can use. JD I know what you mean some people freeze. I am not concern with the legalities of carrying and using self defense equipment. Let me say this; if you are aware of your surrounding you can spot these muggers before they make their move. I come from a crime infested neighborhood and when they invade my very generous personal space (arms length), I attack with extreme prejudice. So far I have not being wrong in spotting and defeating an almost worthy opponent. Three low life in Boca Chica knows the consequences very well and their mirrors remind them every time they look into them. Don't take me wrong. I do not go around dark alleys in the night flashing cash to look for trouble. I just respond when appropriate.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
SKY, Thank you very much for the info I will surely visit either one of the stores or both to see if they have any goodies I can use. JD I know what you mean some people freeze. I am not concern with the legalities of carrying and using self defense equipment. Let me say this; if you are aware of your surrounding you can spot these muggers before they make their move. I come from a crime infested neighborhood and when they invade my very generous personal space (arms length), I attack with extreme prejudice. So far I have not being wrong in spotting and defeating an almost worthy opponent. Three low life in Boca Chica knows the consequences very well and their mirrors remind them every time they look into them. Don't take me wrong. I do not go around dark alleys in the night flashing cash to look for trouble. I just respond when appropriate.

Based on your statements I am not too inclined to fear for you in the case of a mugging... still, carrying illigal "weapons" (and I am not yet saying stun guns have to fall into that category) could plunge you into the sort of trouble you may wish you had been mugged instead.
The police here uses no uncertain terms (to put it very nicely) to convince most who are not pursuing a hardened criminal's career, that it is no fun at all to be caught carrying illegal weapons.

... J-D.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Best said by CC "NEVER carry ANYTHING of value!"

If you insist on going to thr DR with your ROLEX and GOLD CHAIN don't necessarly expect to return home with them!

I only carry the money I'll need for the outing and never wear jewlery. After all, I'm not out to impress anyone, I go to the DR simply to spend some time with old friends and to enjoy a little time in paradise.

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Selling Mine...

Does anyone know if there are any Self Defence Equipment Stores in Santo Domingo. I am mainly interested in Pepper Spray, Tasers, Stunt Guns, etc. Just want to keep the muggers away.

If you remain interested in buying equipment, I has some things you may be interested in. I am selling some of my stuff, as I have decided it is time for me to go elsewhere, and no longer will have use for them. PM me if you wish.;)