Golfing @ Playa Dorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLINIFAN

Aug 23, 2007
I don't want this to be too harsh but I was unimpressed with this course. In all fairness the north coast had a considerable amount of rain during the time I played and the course had turned into a swamp. I would have expected better drainage. In spite of the rain the greens remained very slick and many putts scooted right past the cup. (this of course may have had less to do with the greens and more to do with my abilities or lack their of)

The pricing structure was complicated, a greens and cart fee paid at the pro shop, a fee paid to the head caddy and a fee paid to the caddy. IMHO one fee at the pro shop and them distributing the funds accordingly would have made much more sense. The cost seemed out of line with the quality of the course.

On a brighter note the caddy was exceptional. His course knowledge, recommendations for club selection and putting tips were right on every time. (if only I would have given his advice its due earlier in the round) He should also be commended for sloshing around in ankle deep water to retrieve my ball every time I missed a fairway. (I was amazed at his ability to actually find some of them)

I would also like to thank my golfing hosts, Grahame and Jim (bushbaby and oldislandman) for making this a very enjoyable trip. I am very much looking forward to my return on the 4th.

...........next up Playa Grande...........

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
In the eight years we have been going to the DR Playa Dorado has never been in even reasonable condition for the rate charged (and I use a FEDOGOLF card). The caddies are very excellent, especially Frank.
Playa Grande is a bargin for the quality of the course. However, only a few of the caddies are excellent.
The best deal is still Las Aromas.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Okay, now that you have done your stuff ILLINIFAN, I'll send you the photos of the Playa Grande Outing as promised. You might even be able to upload some of them here!!

I presume by "the 4th" you are refering to January 4th 2008. I'll get some work done at Playa Grande & see if we can get the lower rates again. Jim will be up for it & we might tempt another one or two down as well. This time I'll play all 18 with you though so there will be no chances for overstating what you did with the refreshment girls when they came visiting you on the course!:paranoid::cheeky:! I kept THAT photo back of course!! ~ Grahame.:bunny::bunny:

ILLINIFAN

Aug 23, 2007
Okay, now that you have done your stuff ILLINIFAN, I'll send you the photos of the Playa Grande Outing as promised. You might even be able to upload some of them here!!

I presume by "the 4th" you are refering to January 4th 2008. I'll get some work done at Playa Grande & see if we can get the lower rates again. Jim will be up for it & we might tempt another one or two down as well. This time I'll play all 18 with you though so there will be no chances for overstating what you did with the refreshment girls when they came visiting you on the course!:paranoid::cheeky:! I kept THAT photo back of course!! ~ Grahame.:bunny::bunny:

Si Senor, the 4th of January. It can't get here soon enough for me. (we have 1/2" of ice covering 6" of snow here)

I was looking forward to a trip to the mountains around Santiago. I hope that is on the agenda. I believe I have this camera figured out and am looking forward to geting many pictures.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depends on how long you'll be here. I get back on the 6th and start classes on the 8th but I do not have my class schedule yet...

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The 6th is the Sunday therefore the 8th is the following Tuesday - that leaves just Monday 7th Jan for Jarabacoa or Las Aromas!! I am fairly certain that after playing Playa Grande or Playa Dorada on the Saturday & Sunday, my schedule will preclude a trip to 'The Mountains' on the Monday also, so most likely I will just put ILLINIFAN on Metro (along with my spare clubs) & send him down to you HB. Maybe Oldislandman (Jim) will be able to make it too. YOU can then choose which course is best on the day! ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.