If you complain about Sosua you will be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
It really makes me grumpy that my thoughtful new post about the sad state of Sosua got deleted. I read this site for 2 months before traveling here planning to stay for the winter. I have been here a month and have discovered for myself how really bad it is. Corrupt police, rampant crime, hard core hookers grabbing at you as you walk down the street, street people pestering you at every step. No wonder I never got a clear picture of how bad it is. It is going to be another Boca Chica the way it is going.

If you are robbed and call the police they are likely to rob you again. Thats why it has the lowest crime statistics in the Carribbean. No body calls the police when there is a crime.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It really makes me grumpy that my thoughtful new post about the sad state of Sosua got deleted. I read this site for 2 months before traveling here planning to stay for the winter. I have been here a month and have discovered for myself how really bad it is. Corrupt police, rampant crime, hard core hookers grabbing at you as you walk down the street, street people pestering you at every step. No wonder I never got a clear picture of how bad it is. It is going to be another Boca Chica the way it is going.

If you are robbed and call the police they are likely to rob you again. Thats why it has the lowest crime statistics in the Carribbean. No body calls the police when there is a crime.

Do you and I know the same Sosua???? Perhaps it is different when you are a resident in this country as opposed to someone on vacation and may I respectfully ask why you chose to come here for winter?? Perhaps criticising this beautiful country is not the best way to start.... suggest you think again and rephrase your posts on DR1.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
:ermm:Maybe the SOS in :bunny:SOSUA In popular usage, SOS became associated with phrases such as "Save Our Souls," "Save our Ship" "Save Our Shelby," "Shoot Our Ship", "Sinking Our Ship", "Survivors On Shore":ermm:

ILLINIFAN

Aug 23, 2007

Granted I was only there for a short stay I experienced none of these problems. I found it to be a very enjoyable place although on my last day there I did have a young man try to shine my flip flops!!

Amazing how people can look at the same thing and see 2 completly different things.;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

I'm sorry to hear that it turned out that way for you.
Like Whirleybird, I know a different Sosua than the one you describe, but I don't hang out on the strip at night, nor do I even walk that area.
Sosua is geographically a vast area and if you judge the whole place on what happens on that meat market strip at night, then you have missed the essence of the town.
FYI: It is not headed in the Boca Chica direction.
Years ago, there was little difference between the two towns, other than location.
Sosua has slowly headed towards being more of a family destination, while Boca Chica has remained somewhat the same, maybe even worsened.
May I ask where you chose to live in Sosua and the places you frequent?

Seems to me that every post you have made deals something that left a bad taste in your mouth. The owners of the forum reserve the right to edit, lock or delete any post they want. You agreed to these terms when you signed up........Oh I guess you did not read them.
Others have called for this post to be deleted also, I will go one better than that.
Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.