Ban on fireworks sale?

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
I read the ministry passed a ban on firework sales to individuals. Will this take place this month, this holiday season? I have seen some stalls going up already...I am disappointed to read this as I really enjoy being able to have fireworks on New Years Eve!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
And you'll enjoy them regardless.
The ban is pretty much aimed to the youngsters not adults.

In any case go buy your rockets and blast the living day lights out every dog in the 'hood!!! LOL!!

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Pichardo, thanks for the reassurance. I also heard that many of the people who run the stands are rallying because the law has been passed after they have bought their stock for the holiday, so....either way I look forward to blasting my rockets, but not the dogs (see Michael Vick, USA american footballer, 2007)!

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Pichardo, Thanks for reassurance. I have also heard rumor that there is a rally among the firework sellers who have already bought their stock for the holiday, so...either way, I look forward to lighting my rockets, but not the dogs (see Michael Vick, american footballer, 2007)!!!

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
I am pretty sure there is a rally being held down at many of the hospital burn units to celebrate with injury victims this year too!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I am pretty sure there is a rally being held down at many of the hospital burn units to celebrate with injury victims this year too!

The use of fireworks by young people (read under 18) unsupervised is pretty much what fills those hospitals at large.

I wouldn't allow my pre-teen kids to play with powerful explosives at all; they use them via my hands and my direct supervision.

I allow them to use the snappers, roman candles, streakier, Buscapie and the entire assortment that is available for their proper age all under strict supervision.

I'm tired of people that try and want to impose a "Child safety" band aid to all. Just like gun controls advocates which when confronted with a criminal that had no problems getting his (unlike law abiding citizens) points the barrel to them or a loved one, change sides if their lucky to make it out of that one alive.

Safety must be used at all times. You can have a beautiful night lighted up by fireworks to enjoy with your family if you use safety all the time.

I find excruciating that the same principles are not discussed when, say the children have full access to the kitchen utensils without anyone around! What stops a child from picking up the meat cleaver and swinging it around the room as a play toy? When we educate our children on it, they understand the destructive and dangerous ability that meat cleaver has.

My 19 and 17 yo were educated on guns since they were old enough to hold it properly on their hand. I educated them on its destructiveness and as such they're very avid shooters and do enjoy it at the proper place under the popper supervision as well of trained personnel at the ranges.

I was very young when my father allowed me to put my hands on a roman candle and it was the first time I saw him point it at a retaining wall across the street from the house, needless to say the explosion that followed the streaking rocket that came out of my roman candle was huge! I understood what he pointed out and said that it was very dangerous and never, under any circumstances should I point at any living thing or property.

I was 7 yo when he put a colt .45 in my tiny hands while he cradled mine, he allowed me to shoot a 2.5 gal can filled with water at 10 yards. Same impact, bigger sound. I understood the destructive power of that gun right then and there.

Your kids will be safe always that you teach them safety first, second and last...

If you take the kids that get harmed or maimed by fireworks and start to prosecute the parents or adult that was present when that happened, you'll see a dramatic drop in those cases very fast.

To penalize all for the mistakes of few is wrong and the last thing a gov should be doing is to decide what's good for the people and what's not.

I do believe minors should never be sold fireworks under any circumstance. Only adults should be able to purchase those, thus providing the first order of safety.

What's next? Outlaw bicycles, skateboards, skates for the sake of child safety? The same conclusions can be made of any if proper adult supervision is not used.
By far, bicycles fatalities and injuries are many times more numerous than the amount of kids hurt by fireworks!!!

Where's you outrage on it? Outlaw bike sales? Or celebrate with them...

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Pichardo, Thanks for reassurance. I have also heard rumor that there is a rally among the firework sellers who have already bought their stock for the holiday, so...either way, I look forward to lighting my rockets, but not the dogs (see Michael Vick, american footballer, 2007)!!!

Fireworks day is Vietnam redux for dogs!!! They scamper all over the place to hide from the thunder out in the streets...

Some dogs are used to it and seem to enjoy it somehow, like ours.
He loves to bark at the pop they make!

But again is only a day or two so no harm done...

Michael Vick should be sent to prison for not less than 10 years so that all those that do the same thing to these animals think twice about it and their odds at getting a better shake than a multimillion dollar convicted felon with the best lawyer money can buy got.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
hahahahaha....funny stuff Pichardo....comparing a gun safety program or instruction to fireworks "handling". You got me wrong....I believe that dangerous goods in uninformed hands is a swell concept!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
As a parent of three sons, I appreciate the ban and hope the fireworks are not sold to the general public this year. I have not seen the usual stands that would go up early in my neighborhood.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"EXPIRE"! You Can Get Them Drunk With Your "BOOZE" Sales,...

and then watch them kill and burn eachother with the "Fuegos Artificiales"!
"Happy Newyear"!
The innocent kids who are watching the drunken adults blasting away are the usual victims!
Cris Colon

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
and then watch them kill and burn eachother with the "Fuegos Artificiales"!
"Happy Newyear"!
The innocent kids who are watching the drunken adults blasting away are the usual victims!
Cris Colon

I'm so glad that I'll be in the DR to witness this event...:)

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
If we adopted all over the world the same concept you have of fireworks and their place in society if any at all, we wouldn't even know about the festive Chinese's New Year or the "Dia de Los Muertos" in Mexico.

Fireworks are older than guns themselves, yet even when the body count due to improper and unsupervised use goes up after some accidents many want the manufacturer’s heads to roll!!!

Let's put blame where blame is due!

If we were to use the narrow idea that fireworks are the cause of the children going to hospitals, then we could surmise that also bicycles and all toys on wheels are far equally risky or worst (given the fatality statistics) than fireworks casualties.

I don't condone the sale or manufacture of maybe 75% of fireworks out for sale nowadays in the local markets, but not all of them are manufacture to blow things up like those quarter sticks of dynamite they sell.

If people really wanted to make a change to the better, they should be aiming their targets at the types of fireworks that are not for amusement but terror!

Just as it's illegal to own a machine gun to hunt ducks, them why allow the manufacture of certain types of fireworks. But to ban all of them is unjust, uncalled and unmerited based on the conclusion that kids are prone to be taken to the hospital after they come in contact with them.

If we lived in a Utopia, guns wouldn't exist along with the criminals that use them.
But this is the world we live on and criminals and bad parents are a dime a dozen.

Like I said before, you can have family fun with fireworks without having a Medic Vac on the ready. Just use safety and never trust a child's judgment when around dangerous stuff, that's why you're the parent.

When my kids used to sit for hours and watch TV I sat beside them and tagged along, so that I knew what was being put in their young minds.

Young kids don't understand the concept behind death until they're mature enough to comprehend life first. You can't understand something you don't know exists.

Just remember how when you were a kid after going to the theater and having watch a Kung Fu film you came out of those doors flipping' Bruce Lee's super kicks and the iron fist punch! So do our kids but with tangible things.

Just as we as people made "flying" safe and fly around the world today, much against the "Sane" cons of those that said it was a terror machine that will kill all aboard and below when it came down as Icarus. We must work to make many things much safer for all without denying its benefits to our minds.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
hahahahaha....funny stuff Pichardo....comparing a gun safety program or instruction to fireworks "handling". You got me wrong....I believe that dangerous goods in uninformed hands is a swell concept!

I got you right on the first one...

So do those in favor of Police States as well! (Sarcastically)
Yet when those same people are victims of a crime and there was nobody to stop the event as it happened, then they all wish at least someone could had done something. The Police arrive to the aftermath 99% of times.

I believe that you can compare gun safety to anything like teaching your kids to react to strangers that shouldn't be doing things or acting in certain way around them. Yes! I'm a strong believer of using common sense when training our kids.

I see many accidents that happen to kids due to 99% fault of their parents, not the other way around. Just like a dog is not the one who gets trained but the owner of it.

Have a blasting xmass in the DR!!!!
You better believe there will be fireworks like every year!!

LOL:bunny:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
SOME Activities Are Inherently DANGEROUS!!

FIREWORKS are in that group!
You spend too much time trying to justify what cannot be justified!
"Human Sacrifice", was practiced in several ancient societies! That doesn't mean that we are "Missing Out" on an important cultural experience today because we don't "Sacrifice Virgins" anymore! (Did I Just "say" that?)
Anyway,there is no "Safe Way" to use "Fireworks"! NONE!
You are guilty of "Child Abuse" if you allow your children anywhere near where fireworks are being used!
If you believe anything different,you are a liar,or just a selfish parent whose ignorance is no double harming your children in many other areas as well!

Like the common Dominican practice of allowing young children to ride in the back of trucks!! What the Phuck are they thinking!!
My wife,a "Duminican", thinks it's "OK",if there are adults in the truck to "supervise" the children!!!!!!
I was stopped by a Dominican policeman,he wanted me to know that in the DR it is "Against the law" for a child to be in the front seat of a vehicle! My 10 year old son WAS in the front seat,he Had his seat/shoulder belt on!

I laughed at the guy! just as a truck with about 15 Dominicans of all ages standing in the truck bed drove past us. I just put up the window,and drove away!

You obviously haven't heard the joke about the Dominican,and the "Cheap" vasectomy????
Cris Colon

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
FIREWORKS are in that group!
You spend too much time trying to justify what cannot be justified!
"Human Sacrifice", was practiced in several ancient societies! That doesn't mean that we are "Missing Out" on an important cultural experience today because we don't "Sacrifice Virgins" anymore! (Did I Just "say" that?)
Anyway,there is no "Safe Way" to use "Fireworks"! NONE!
You are guilty of "Child Abuse" if you allow your children anywhere near where fireworks are being used!
If you believe anything different,you are a liar,or just a selfish parent whose ignorance is no double harming your children in many other areas as well!

Like the common Dominican practice of allowing young children to ride in the back of trucks!! What the Phuck are they thinking!!
My wife,a "Duminican", thinks it's "OK",if there are adults in the truck to "supervise" the children!!!!!!
I was stopped by a Dominican policeman,he wanted me to know that in the DR it is "Against the law" for a child to be in the front seat of a vehicle! My 10 year old son WAS in the front seat,he Had his seat/shoulder belt on!

I laughed at the guy! just as a truck with about 15 Dominicans of all ages standing in the truck bed drove past us. I just put up the window,and drove away!

You obviously haven't heard the joke about the Dominican,and the "Cheap" vasectomy????
Cris Colon

Cris:
I'm not justifying fireworks safety but just the same precaution we use around a 15 ton mechanic shovel that could rip your upper body from the lower in one mistaken motion.

Accidents are accidents. Fireworks are not toys as they are made to explode not do magic and puff into the nada.

But you can handle and use them with the same precaution you brandish that meat cleaver, bulldozer, even the house door.

Human sacrifice still goes on in this world, today, now!
Just take a plane and land in Darfur and watch kids (not virgins needed) die in slow motion a long death. They're being sacrifice so that others can have it all. The Incas and Maya used human sacrifice in less numbers and older ages at least, so we have become even bloodier and picky of our human offerings.

You say there's no way to use fireworks safely, yet LICENSES are given to certain professionals to do just that! Safely? Not you say!
The idea that one person can do it safely and other can't is the same behind the natural order of selection or rather omissions we employ as our civilization rises to claim its zenith just like Maya or Incas did before their fall.

The reason kids are not allowed in the front seat of vehicles is the same why they're not allowed here in the US. Do some diggin'.

It's obvious you claim to be a better parent than me due to my "child abuse" pattern of allowing my kids to have safe fun!
Thanks God my dad abused me so many times every year in the DR all my childhood life!!!! LOL!!!!!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
And provided a safe supervised environment to pop my fireworks and enjoy the bliss of childhood!!
Thanks to my child-abusive father for that! LOL
Enjoy your Xmass Cris from the heart and I condone your personal opinion and respect the way you rear your kids in the safest environment you can provide. Kudos to a good parent!!!!

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
The way that I read it is that the "authorities" decided to ban the sale of fireworks after small merchants who put up their stalls every year had paid for their licenses and patents to do so. Apparently, the "authorities" took the merchants' money, gave them some type of permit to sell fireworks, and then turned around and prohibited firework sales. Correct me if I'm wrong.....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Who Was It The Ever Said; "You Can Lead A Dominican Too "WATER,

but if you can get him to take a "
Drink",you really got something!"??????????????????
NOT ME!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Let me TRY ONE MORE TIME HERE!

We need to eat,soooooooo "someone" has to pick up that meat cleaver and chop!
That does NOT mean that you should give your kid a "meat Cleaver",or let him visit a meat packing plant!!!!!

Think there is ANY CHANCE he MIGHT be following this train of thought???
I don't think so either!!!
Have A "Safe & Sane
New Years Eve!!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
No Fireworks!

One year, I was on the beach in Cabarete. There was a band, a bandstand, lots of fun, lots of good vibes, nice music. .. Till the fireworks started. I had a little granddaugher sleeping in her push buggy. I had to throw myself bodily over the little one. As the burning fireworks rained down on us, my son threw himself bodily over me. Together p?cked up the little one and ran to a safe place.

Since that time, I never went to a fireworks display in the DR.