Directv in Punta Cana Signal Available

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I have just purchase a Villa in Cap Cana and i saw my neighbor with a directv dish. Thank god he was there staying and i asked him how he could get Directv in the DR. He explain to me that Directv service and all there packages are available in Puerto rico and Punta cana was only about 40 miles from the coast of Puerto Rico in the Loop of the signal. He said what he did is contact an Independent contractor that will sell to you the package including box and antenna all you have to do is so Directv will send you the bill is provide a Puertorican address that easily you could obtained by opening a PMB Private Mail Box account in a UPS store or some other franchise it will cost you 100 dollars and it will give you the right of that address for a year but is renewable every year so you don't loose your local address. Then you will go to the webpage of Diretvpr and pay over the net with your credit card or whatever they don't don't care. This guy told me he is very happy because he gets all the Sports Packages available in the U.S NFL ticket, MLB, NBA, NHL every package you want plus allot of local channels of cbs,nbc,Abc, form the west and east and all the regular American channels as well as packages you want for international channels. He said signal is good even if it rains and everything is done over the net. He also told me to get best signal this contractor with put you in contact with someone in the Punta cana area that knows how to install it and get best signal?????

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
SKY Satellite TV

I was at OCHO-A in Santiago this morning, there was a young lady outside with a display of SKY Satellie TV.

Copy of brochure follows:

6tw5vmh.jpg

822b7l1.jpg

Don SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
No need to pay $100 for address in Puerto Rico!

Better image of brochure, decided to get off my butt and re-connect the scanner, instead of using the camera on macro setting.

8gdmumb.jpg

Don SantiagoDR
6lj0xlu.jpg

Last edited:

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Yes that is great but sky does not offer the Sports packages NFL, MLB, NHL because they don't carry it. Also they don't offer local channels like CBS from Los Angeles as well as NBC from new York they simply do not offer those channels that people like me that are Fans of American Football and other professional sports like NBA and others offer!!!! Also the Packages of Driectv are cheaper than SKY.....

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Just get a Dish network hack like everybody does, get a dish, get a hack code from the Internet and watch everything for free, including NBA/NHL/NFL sports, PPV etc.

You'll just need to update the codes from time to time
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/65014-satellite-dish-owners-dish-network-down.html

but they are immediately available on the Internet.

Thank You but for me is no problem getting direct tv i have a House in San Juan where i live most of the time anyway!!! i don't want to steal anything

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Just get a Dish network hack like everybody does, get a dish, get a hack code from the Internet and watch everything for free, including NBA/NHL/NFL sports, PPV etc.

You'll just need to update the codes from time to time
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/65014-satellite-dish-owners-dish-network-down.html

but they are immediately available on the Internet.

Anyway i will be picking the signal that anyway is intended for Puerto rico i rather just do that and pay with directv!!!!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I currently have Dish service in Santiago DR in my home, my mom's and my 3 sisters. I pay for the service directly over the internet and I don't pay for any extra mail box anywhere.

I bought the system (Dish, receivers, etc...) at the local store and used my e-mail address as billing since I made it a point that it was to be installed in a RV home.

Dish network bills me electronically and no paper bills are sent!
I added the extra receivers later (5) as I opted for 2 accounts, as explained for RV homes. The boxes are never connected to a phone line but they charge an extra fee for that (not the one they charge for homes mind you).

Keep in mind that if you want good reception in the DR you need to get a local "provider" for the Dish. The one that comes with the system works but not so reliable most of the time. I got mine from an old school-friend for $5,000 Pesos RD. I imagine it must cost more than that but not so much.

We share the bill monthly (sans mom's) and are quite happy with the services. The only drawback (if it can be called that) is that PPV and paid events need to be dialed in for via the operator, since the boxes can't login to Dish network.

I have HD services and the quality is very good on my Bravia.

The other pain is the $ for the extra receivers, unless you go with the multiroom services and just split the cable. Unlike cable the split signal still only shows what the second Tv set is watching on the default channel, something my sisters love to control what the kids are watching and monitor from afar.

C

choll40

Don't want to start a new topic but does anyone have a contact for Direct TV in Punta Cana. Been here 16 months and going crazy without it. I know it works down here have seen it in a few places/bars. Any help??

Chuck

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Unfortunately, for those of us who are U.S. citizens with U.S. Passports, this would be highly illegal. I think it's like 5 yrs/$10,000 time/fine for scamming satellite TV signals. Ouch!

Nobody that I know of can get DirecTV without paying for it. The only thing you are stretching the truth about is where you live and receive the signal. They still get paid.

Other satellite providers may have hacks available, but how would they do something against anyone living in a foreign country?

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I have two directv boxes working in bavaro. I pay 50 us a month for each.I pay for the nhl and nfl tickets separately. If I want a ppv event its the same just pay whatever the rate is fot that event. I agree as long as they get paid there is no problem

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have two directv boxes working in bavaro. I pay 50 us a month for each.I pay for the nhl and nfl tickets separately. If I want a ppv event its the same just pay whatever the rate is fot that event. I agree as long as they get paid there is no problem

How large of a satellite dish is needed?

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012

Alas, the FCC does not concur.