Wow Jcesar, now we know!!!!1

J

JenNY

My goodness by the way you talk about how well you know the DR and the people, I'd have to think you had more credentials!!

>>>>>>On the contrary, some Dominican women can be overly fussy about the way that they
present themselves in public as per my personal experience. I used to have a
Dominican girlfriend here in the states that on the time that took her to "touch-up" to go
just a few blocks away in the neighborhood, I could read an entire chapter of "War and
Peace". I guess that people march at the beat of all sort of different drums..>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So you "USE" to have a Dominican Girlfriend, and now you know the DR AND the Dominicans inside and out! My goodness you are good!!

>>>>>>>While you can see this fairly often on the lower socio-economic layers of the DR you
can't apply it to all the women even there and in higher segments of society you will be
hard pressed to find it because it is also frowned upon, just like in the US.<<<<<<<<<<<

So now you are going to say that only those on the lower socio-economic layers of the DR the women wear curlers? My goodness, you hate for anyone else to generalize and look how you are talking!!!!!!!! Do you know that 20 years ago, women in the US walked around with curlers? and it was socially acceptable?!?

C

CES

Re: Wow. . . (Jenny :)

> > > "Do you know that 20 years ago, women in the US walked around with curlers? and it was socially acceptable?!? " < < <

~ # ~ % ~ ^ ~ * ~

Not really.

Regards,

. . . CES

A

arcoiris

Re: before electric driers

It is true, and I was hoping someone would point out, that years ago American women walked around during the day in curlers with scarves over them. This was before the great movement of women to go into the work world too. The women washed their hair in the morning after the husband and kids were off to school and work and it took a few hours for it to dry, so while she was doing chores and errands she wore a scarf around the curlers. The errands included doing the shopping so she could be seen at stores and the coffee clatch in curlers. Then she would comb her dry hair out just before the kids and hubby got home and her hair would be beautiful for the evening when the important social events happened. Times have changed for some...American women more commonly wash and blow dry their hair and go out to work, which is her main social event nowadays, while in some other groups the former is still practiced.