Dominican Christmas Drumming Custom

canuckgirl

Nov 1, 2007
We live in a condo complex in Cabarete and we have a few Dominican families living in shacks as neighbours next door. Nice people, but since December 1st they have been rounding up their entire families (kids and babies included), get dressed up and parade around outside of their houses singing, dancing and drumming VERY LOUD. It would not bother me as much, but this happens to take place at 6 am sharp, rain or shine and right under my bedroom window.
Would anyone care to explain to me this ambitious Dominican custom? (I guess I am secretly looking for assurance that this racket will not go on for much longer... earplugs are just not doing it for me.:tired:) Thanks.

Canuckgirl

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
i get the god squad outside at 5am with a speaker system screaming, singing, preaching that is so loud my windows rattle! Can not believe that dominican families seem not to be offended by this. I am not religious myself but dont have a problem with people who are but there are churches for a reason, i have respect for people who are religious, i just wish they returned the favour. i feel for you, but they do not care if you are disturbed or anyone else for that matter. Consideration for others here is non exsistant, along with manners.