OLGA = worried about Flight into Santo Domingo Thursday

memphisj

Jul 17, 2007
We are flying into Santo Domingo on Thursday. I'm worried about weather conditions as I am not one to enjoy turbulence. How badly will OLGA affect air travel to the Dominican Republic in the next few days? Thanks!

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Air travel should be absolutely fine in another 24 hours or so. The airlines are very skillful in flying around storm systems. Don't worry!

Dre Broeders, your comment is not appreciated. I've reported your post to the moderator of this forum.

Thanks, Chris.

Handled.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Regardless of what company you are flying with..if it is unsafe for you to land...you won't be landing :p

I'm sorry, but to be honest, I don't understand ppl sending postings like this.

We here on DR1, are a lot less responsible for your safe landing then your airline company. If you can't land safely...you won't be.

That's all.

I understand concern if you will have nice weather on your holidays...etc. But likewise, that can be unpredictable. There are certain seasons of good and bad weather and it can all change in the blink of an eye and be opposite of what you just saw 10 minutes ago on the weather channel :p

memphisj

Jul 17, 2007
I'm not asking for a guarantee of any kind, just curious how this storm will affect travel in the next few days. I would never presume that you of 'DR1' should be responsible for landing a plane or predicting weather. Sometimes I wonder why people respond to postings just to take a jab at the poster.

P.S. Thanks Chris!

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Sorry Memphisj...I wasn't trying to take a jab at you at all.

Did not mean it to come across like that at all...but re-reading what I wrote...my bad...

I'm sorry I can't give u the specific info you are asking for...I did not mean to sound rude in my reply either...