Road in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsdr

Bronze
Feb 1, 2007
Does anyone know if the work on the road through Cabarete is finished?
Also, is there any improvement in the last year in the road from Cabarete to Rio San Juan? Thanks.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Cabarete road finished? You must be joking. It has never been worse. They are tearing it up for the 2nd or third time in the last three months. It is just about impassable and even with the police helping (term used very loosly) the tie ups create mile long jams with transit times from one end of cabarete to the other many times inexcess of 30 min. It is starting to look like Puerto Plata did last year.

Last night the traffice on the west side of Cabarete was backed up to before Wyndham hotel.

From Sabanete to Rio san Juan the road is in pretty good shape.

Bob K

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Cabarete road finished? You must be joking. It has never been worse. They are tearing it up for the 2nd or third time in the last three months. It is just about impassable and even with the police helping (term used very loosly) the tie ups create mile long jams with transit times from one end of cabarete to the other many times inexcess of 30 min. It is starting to look like Puerto Plata did last year.

Last night the traffice on the west side of Cabarete was backed up to before Wyndham hotel.

From Sabanete to Rio san Juan the road is in pretty good shape.

Bob K

Yeap very true... and very smart do the work during high season... :ermm:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Yeap very true... and very smart do the work during high season... :ermm:

If u recall, they started this in October, the lowest of the low season.
Just doesn't look as if they'll finish before the tourists show up later this month.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
Does anyone know if the work on the road through Cabarete is finished?
Also, is there any improvement in the last year in the road from Cabarete to Rio San Juan? Thanks.

Have a look, photos from Puerto Plata Digital:
PICT0151.jpg

PICT0150.jpg

PICT0148.jpg

PICT0145.jpg

source: Puerto Plata Digital

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
A nightmare

It was awful yesterday trying to get through this mess, we had to wait 1 hr20mins to get through to Sosua to buy the emergency food, then 1 hr 10mins to get back into the office to separate and bag the food, then another 40mins to get back to the barrios to distribute, then another 55 mins to get back home. Im happy that the politur responded well to the idiots that overtook the waiting queues and then blocked the oncoming traffic causing deadlocks. They called for backup when one truck wouldnt back up, they climbed into the truck and took it and the driver to jail!!! good.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
If u recall, they started this in October, the lowest of the low season.
Just doesn't look as if they'll finish before the tourists show up later this month.

I live there, I know. How about starting earlier to finish BEFORE high season?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
How about starting earlier to finish BEFORE high season?
You mean they should've started in high season? ;)

Regardless, this thing has dragged on too long (by non-DR standards). We're only talking about +/-1km of road in center of town where the congestion is worst & most of the tourists are.

There should've been more than one back hoe assigned and sufficient personnel to expedite the job in the center of Cabarete. For that stretch of roadway, this shouldn't be a 3+ month project.

It's sad, but typical that no one seems to have thought through and acted upon minimizing the negative impact of this phase of the project.

Of course, I'm sure it's another crew that will re-pave the road. Any thoughts on how soon that will be done after the pipe installation is done :glasses:

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
If you'll recall, they just got done paving the road before they started digging it up. Maybe by next election.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Exactly. They just paved the road last Winter. Now they are tearing it up again to install sewer pipes. I guess there is no planning involved!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
How about this, a few days ago some men with a big machine arrived near my office in Cabarete and wanted us to move our cars so they could start repairing what had been dug up previously for the sewage, I thought great at last, all done. Then I noticed 2 or 3 guys using some sort of drilling/cutting machine nearby in the road, I asked the guy that was repairing the road what are they doing and he didnt know but went to ask. He came back spoke to the guy in the machine and they stopped work and went away taking their machine with them. So whoever is planning all these works certainly dont talk to each other!! DUH:tired:

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Well, rumor has it that the situation in Cabrete will remain the same for many months to come, as apparently, and not surprising, the mayor has announced that they have ran out of money...name a project here in the D.R. that was actually finished on time and I will eat my hat! What would be nice to know is how much money was allocated to the road works, and how much money has actually been spent. Christmas is coming and I am sure that a few pesos went towards their own Christmas fund!
Also folks, remember that they also have to work on the other side of the road too.
Last night a bus packed with tourists was going through Cabarete and hit one of the pot holes...just happened to be the biggest, and that bus was swaying so much that it almost tipped...the wheels on the rear left actually left the tarmac...scary stuff.
I have also heard that one or more of the hotels in Cabarete are re-locating guests to Playa Dorada...great for Cabarete economy, eh? I love the Dominicans, but they could not arrange a **** up in a brewery!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
There was a very bad accident last week on the stretch of road near Punta Goleta and a few days later they started down the black top. Mi esposa told me that there was a protest after the accident complaining about the road...now it is being worked on...coincidence or is the city hall finally listening. Mi esposa owns a nail salon, mi esposa hears all the gossip, hence, mi esposa knows everything...lol !!

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
such a great planners

Now that things have been paved over for a few months, it is now time to rip up the road again in Cabarete to install what I think is sewer pipe. I had heard this was coming. Most of the work is being done on the inland side of the road. Be careful and look for men working and tight spots while driving.

They don't know where existing pipes are, so they just cut through them when digging. The water has been off since yesterday.

Well, we now have some sort of canal in proCab, great project. The road in procab is a mess. Guess it will be paved very soon... well I don?t. And now this...

e palante k vamos :ermm:

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Callejon de la Loma?

Have they started paving this road (just west of Caberete)? It's been rumored for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.