Luxury Villa For Long Term Rent, Anyone?

KaptainKnievel

Jul 19, 2007
www.knievelcustomcycles.com
Hello All,
Since this is my first post I'd like to start by wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.

I'm looking for a executive home/villa on the North Coast to rent for a year, maybe two. A furnished place would be ideal and save me the headache of importing those belongings.

I'd like to stay near the Cabereta area within 30-40 miles if possible. Mountains or beach makes no difference at this point, I just need to get away from the States and recharge my batteries.

I have made my living on motorcycles and can't imagine not bringing a few with me (for my own use) but I do wonder how the DR Government taxes a custom built chopper for instance? How do they determine the value of a bike that has no MSRP? ( I know, I know, the roads aren't "chopper friendly" ) and that's why I would bring down the dirt bikes too!

I do like to party a bit on the weekends, so I don't want to live too far to get to and from the nightlife, but I tend to be a bit of a loner and would like to have a secluded quite villa to retire to away from the noise.

Any feedback anyone can offer would be much appreciated.
-RK

wild_ride_sml.jpg

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Sounds like you would like Sea Horse Ranch. Its just outside of the main town of Sosua and only a short ride to Cabarete. They definitely have the high end villas but they come with a price. Private security for the community and you can also hire an extra private security guard for your villa if you choose to.

If you have the money to spend rent one with direct beach access then you can walk out of your villa and be on the beach.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't live on the north coast, I live in Santo Domingo.

My best advice is negotiate very hard and you might be surprised the deals you get offered. Lots of villa owners looking for long term renters.

headnerd

Dec 28, 2006
I'm not so sure the motorcycle would be a problem at Sea Horse. I think someone else there has one. You should check with Giuli Kirkman (his email address is on the web site) - he will give you a straight answer on whether or not it would be OK. I think, though, the cheapest you will find something in Sea Horse is about $4000 per month.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The loud motorcycle will be an issue at Sea Horse Ranch!

There are many many villas available on the north coast for long term rental. Robert is correct - negotiate hard for the best deal.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Any feedback anyone can offer would be much appreciated.
-RK

wild_ride_sml.jpg
[/QUOTE]

When I owned my home in SHR (1989 to 2002) there were a couple of big bikes there including my neighbor who imported a very large one from Germany. They didn't appear to cause too much of a problem however SHR has grown much larger since then so it may now be a challenge.

I see your initials are RK. Are you Evel's son, Robbie?

If yes, your Dad sure provided me (and I am sure many thousands of others) with tremendous entertainmant and excitement over the years. My first recollection was a very small inconspicuous article in a Toronto newspaper back in 1963 or so about this "character" who jumped over cars on his motorcycle and from then on I followed his many feats of daring. I am sorry about his passing.

KaptainKnievel

Jul 19, 2007
www.knievelcustomcycles.com
Man, I didn't kow the Knievel name was even known in the DR. I was in Playa Dorada last Feb and was recognized for the first time in 6 visits and it was by a Dominican tour guide in the Plaza.

Thanks for the kind words, my father was in a lot of pain over his last years on earth. He's at peace now.

That's one reason I need to get away for a while.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Man, I didn't kow the Knievel name was even known in the DR. I was in Playa Dorada last Feb and was recognized for the first time in 6 visits and it was by a Dominican tour guide in the Plaza.

Thanks for the kind words, my father was in a lot of pain over his last years on earth. He's at peace now.

That's one reason I need to get away for a while.

You would enjoy SHR if you just want to get away. I'll PM you with some further personal info on it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
KaptainKnievel, send me a Private Message with a ball park budget and I'll ask around.

If your looking to bring in a bike, you should speak to Michael and Banker Trust.
He's had some experience in bringing in bikes, cars etc.

Banker Trust (DR1)

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I true American icon!