Help

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I am posting this for a friend who is a regular poster on the board, but currently can not post this question.
Is there anyone here on the north coast or even in Santiago for that mattter who can rekey locks?? It would be easier to rekey then have to change a dozen or so cylinders.
Thanks

Bob K

N

naturelover

never heard of anyone doing that....you mean re-setting the lock to accept a different key ? I didnt know it was possible

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
never heard of anyone doing that....you mean re-setting the lock to accept a different key ? I didnt know it was possible

Yes it is possible... We did it all the time in the US. If you bought a home or condo instead of putting in new locks you just have them reset and rekeyed. Usually at a small fraction of the price of replacing them all

Bob K

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Yes it is possible... We did it all the time in the US. If you bought a home or condo instead of putting in new locks you just have them reset and rekeyed. Usually at a small fraction of the price of replacing them all

Bob K

I'm sure that most cerrajeros can do that with cylinder locks.
We had it done here in SD by a local guy when we moved to Los Cacicazgos.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Any locksmith.........

.........in POP will do it...........

We have done it many times over the years...............We have also had them key locks the same.............

It has never been a big deal...........actually much easier than the having a locksmith do it in the US and MUCH CHEAPER..............

You're also better off having a local bring it to them........otherwise they will tend to charge you more.........

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
.........in POP will do it...........

We have done it many times over the years...............We have also had them key locks the same.............

It has never been a big deal...........actually much easier than the having a locksmith do it in the US and MUCH CHEAPER..............

You're also better off having a local bring it to them........otherwise they will tend to charge you more.........

Do you have some one that you have used that he might contact?

Thanks

Bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
go to any place where they copy keys and the guy inside will make a new key for you if you take the lock there in your hands. I had it done and it took him less than 15 mins to do it in santiago. But any place where they copy keys will be able to do it for you.
AZB

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Sorry...........

Do you have some one that you have used that he might contact?

Thanks

Bob

.....I don't have the names, but just go to any key shop...........not sure about Sosua, but in POP there is one on almost every corner.............just look for a little hole in the wall with a picture of a "key" on it.........

IF you know where the BOHEN nightclub (sp?) is in POP, there is one right next door to the right of it........between the BOHEN and the Marina Station......

IF you know where the ICE COMPANY is, there is one across the street from that.......

There is one about 4 doors down on the right side of Supermarcado Messon.......

........to name a few...........

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Sosua Locksmith

There is a good locksmith in Las Charimicos about six storefronts past Caribe Bus Office on the highway towards POP.I forget the store name but there is a large sign with a picture of a large key.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
There is a good locksmith in Las Charimicos about six storefronts past Caribe Bus Office on the highway towards POP.I forget the store name but there is a large sign with a picture of a large key.

Yes he does a great job on keys including fancy car keys. He also has any sized bolt or screw you might need. However he does not re key lock cylinders.

Bob K