Where to dance Salsa in Las Terrenas

roucha

Dec 16, 2007
We will stay at Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo for a week at the end of december. We would like to go out in nightclubs in Las Terrenas to dance salsa and also merengue. We are thinking of taking a cab, this is safe, isn't it ?

We are looking for good nightclub's name : weekend nights and also week's nights. I have been told nightclubs close at midnight on week's night, is 10PM a good time to go out ?

Thanks for your advice

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
We went to La Bodega in Las Terrenas and it was great...got full around 11pm. They played salsa, merengue and bachata but if I recall, Friday nights are "Salsa night". It is an open air disco (kind of in a courtyard) and we really enjoyed it.....are you aware of the distance? Check into the cost of a taxi roundtrip before you head out there.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did if you decide to give it a try.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Your timing is good - the curfew is lifted for the Christmas season! Enjoy yourself. Most local clubs will have a broad mix of people - locals and tourists. Fewer tourists... Don't worry about dressing up - jeans are very appropriate!

You will get merengue, bachatta and some salsa but there tends to be less of that. I am not sure where you are from but you will enjoy watching the dancing here - it is most likely very different from what you are used to!

roucha

Dec 16, 2007
Thanks fo your reply. We will try La Bodega for sure. I read the taxi fare is 10$ one way... not cheap but worth it. These all inclusive are so boring at night.