anyone noticed how boring its got in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

naturelover

has anyone noticed how boring its getting here.........have all the interesting ones got banned

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
has anyone noticed how boring its getting here.........have all the interesting ones got banned

What and who exactly do you consider boring??? Perhaps the interest level on threads is not always enhanced by the fact YOU seem to be so knowledgeable and post on almost every subject!!

I wish I thought that I could answer and help with everyone's queries on this forum as you do.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
i will keep my knowledge to myself in future then

No need to be defensive..... and I don't believe I mentioned 'knowledge' as in that you base your opinions and recommendations on your experiences living in DR. Just out of interest, how long have you lived on this beautiful fascinating island?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Too busy doing things usedul to get bored!!

Have you noyiced the thread on the floodings in Santiago, Islabon, MontiChristi etc?? If you are bored you can always pop out to give a hand there ......... then post about your experiences afterwards!!

Now THAT would be interesting!! ~ Grahame.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Well what do you consider interesting?

To me..this is by FAR the best place on the web to get accurate info in regards to the DR...

If this is a location to provide entertainment for you...I'm sure it could get quite boring....

But to most ppl, this is an informative website where they participate in and check for info...not just a place for entertainment..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
STOP Being So Mean To "Nals","Ricky Pichardo",and Their "CREW"!

Since they have no original thoughts,they HAVE to resort to "Google"ing and then plagerizing on DR1!
Perhaps,"Boring" is in the eye of the eye beholder?????????
Many of the "Deleted" posts on DR1 are "Deleted" because they are on topics that are not discussed on DR1!
Just check the "Forum's" guidelines,and you will know where not to go.
Many people on the "Net" have a personal "Agenda". DR1 has pleanty of those people!
"Hard to believe, "RIGHT?":cheeky:
They always find a "way" to get in their point-of-view.
Want to get your posts deleted?
Start pontificating about "Race Relations With Haitians living in Maimi,who are Muslims,and gay,and their effect on the Euro!"
Cris Colon

How about the Presidential Primary Season in the United States?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
The only thing I noticed about this site which I don't like is that some posters like to paint themselves and their family members as "positive characters" who are "smart", "charitable", "don't make mistakes" and "do everything right." In general this is really bad writing habit which offends the reader. The smartest and the most generous people in most cases are just too humble to brag about how "smart" or "charitable" they are. I understand how some of them would just go away and not continue posting or reading what is posted here.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The only thing I noticed about this site which I don't like is that some posters like to paint themselves and their family members as "positive characters" who are "smart", "charitable", "don't make mistakes" and "do everything right." In general this is really bad writing habit which offends the reader. I understand how some people would just go away and not continue posting or reading what is posted here.
I suppose it depends on the style with which they portray that.
If they are braggarts, then I agree, but if they truly are decent people of good character and high morals, it would be hard to fault them for that.
Of course, humility is a desirable quality and boasting can be outright ugly, but let us suppose they are not of the bragging kind and that they set a certain standard for other members, then if it does chase some folks away, they may have been undesirables anyhow.
I know this is all hypothetical, but I think you know what I mean.
I don't open DR1 everyday, wanting to see people writing crude malicious things, nor the battles that ensue.
Birds of a kind flock together, and the less desirable DR1 is for idiots, flamers, spammers, trolls, etc, the better it is for the good folks.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
Many of the "Deleted" posts on DR1 are "Deleted" because they are on topics that are not discussed on DR1!
Just check the "Forum's" guidelines,and you will know where not to go.
Many people on the "Net" have a personal "Agenda". DR1 has pleanty of those people!
"Hard to believe, "RIGHT?":cheeky:
They always find a "way" to get in their point-of-view.
Want to get your posts deleted?
Start pontificating about "Race Relations With Haitians living in Maimi,who are Muslims,and gay,and their effect on the Euro!"
Cris Colon

You can add to that anything negative about the decaying cesspool up north Sosua as off limits as well...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I LOVE "Sosua"!!!!

Maybe THAT speakes volumes about Sosua!!!
But Matbe,just Maybe, It is because there are a lot of really cool people "Up There"!!!
Anyone who doesn't feel good sitting at "Rocky's" having a few of ,"Whatever You Enjoy",while having "social intercourse" with some of the other patrons,can go light some fireworks!!! After stuffing them where the "Sun Don't Shine"!
But then that's just my OPINION!

So it MUST be the right one!
Cris Colon

Now about that room discount????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yes DR1 has sprung a few cavities and i guess the moderators are the dentists :ermm:
it seems that some people's everyday lives depend on this site (no names mentioned here) but it's mostly information that most seek here.
i don't see a problem with expressing the truths about what IS REALLY GOING ON in the DR....

comments ??

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
Sosua is dumpy, but in a good Tijuana like way. With a nice beach. Does that make sense? It is like this- can't say I have ever had a bad trip there, but after a few days, I am ready to leave.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sosua is dumpy, but in a good Tijuana like way. With a nice beach. Does that make sense? It is like this- can't say I have ever had a bad trip there, but after a few days, I am ready to leave.
At the risk of repeating myself for the umpteenth time, you've been hanging out in the wrong places.
Jugging Sosua by a couple of blocks of main drag and the tourist access to the beach is ridiculous.
Do you have any idea of how big Sosua really is?
Figure from the water to mountaintop, if applicable, but certainly a few miles in, from Cangrejo to the Vista del Caribe area, arguably the mid point between Sosua & Cabarete.
If you think that your comment/opinion is valid based on a strip 100 feet wide and less than 1/2 mile long, then you have zero concept of both the geographical magnitude of Sosua and it's 30 barrios (approx.), nor do you have any concept of the good social life here.
You might consider that it is not DR1 who doesn't want Sosua badmouthed, but rather that your assessment is ludicrous, at best.

Sep 19, 2005
But then that's just my OPINION!

So it MUST be the right one!
Cris Colon

you have an opinion??

well its about time you finally expressed it!! ha ha ha

and whats the point of having one of those things and not thinking it is right!!....

I anoint you "sir"( used loosely I am told ha ha) the John Madden of DR1... ha ha ha ha

cheers to "john"....hey it just hit me you might have been called "john" for years ha ha ha

If you loved SOSUA so much how come we missed you at the last DR1 EATING party???????

bad bob

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
It's what you make of it...

Seeeeeee...it was boring until you posted this thread...:)

Want to spice it up, then start a debate...you almost got one going here about Sosua...good place or bad place?

OR you can get Chris Colon started...he's always entertaining...got to love humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.