Where to buy a generator (Planta)?

headnerd

Dec 28, 2006
I'm looking for a 40-60KW Diesel generator - new or used. But, in good condition and with all of the bells and whistles. Can anyone tell me where the best place to buy one in the DR is?

I looked at Ochoa in Santiago, but they don't have much of a selection and I couldn't find anyone who knew anything about the machines. I think what I really need is a company that specializes in generators. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Call 809 850 4223. Ask for Julio. Explain to him what you need.
He is an electrical engineer from the States. He can help you.

I can suggest a lot of places where you can buy a genset, but I think you had best consult with this guy first.

If you want more info, send me a PM, okay?

HB

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Planta Electrica.

I have done business with Dist. Lagares of SD for years. They have been in business for over 50 years. They can help you out. If you speak Spanish call Don Victor Lagares himself and speak to him. His is the owner and very willing to help. They are in the phone book and are exclusive FG Wilson people in the DR. They move many gensets and do buisiness will most of thgemajor companies of the country. They back up what they sell. Tell Victor, Jon from Samana gave you his name. If you dont speak spanish, then talk to Reynaldo Vilorio, he is their tech. manager. Good luck.. Tel. 809-688-2271 ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And Lagares gets 300% mark ups on parts! Or close to that. they do handle the Wilson Gensets, and they do have the parts (filters etc) that you need, so perhaps they can justify their margins....JMO....

HB