Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rentals & Spam - You need to read this!

If any poster that is looking for a rental property is being spammed (email or PM) by other posters trying to push their own rental property, please let me know via PM or email.

I will terminate the spamming posters account and I will personally bend over backwards to secure you an amazing rental deal, with either one of our current advertisers or other property owners we know and support.

We know a lot of people here at DR1 and have a reasonable amount of "pull" when it comes to negotiating rental contracts

We go out of our way to protect our paying advertisers, so if you are not already advertising with us, now is the time to start.

Dominican Republic Rentals

Do we send our advertisers clients?
    Just ask Judy at Las Canas, she is almost fully booked for the next 3 months and 90% of her rentals are from DR1.

Sosua : Dominican Republic Rentals : Condo For Rent

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

But posting anything we know of or have heard about on the thread in question would be alright wouldn't it Robert? I mean, it is Up Front, open & honest!!

Personally I rarely get involved with property things - too much hassle, but where I have knowledge of a friend renting out a property which meets the enquirers standards & specifications, I would hope I could put the details about it on the thread?!! ~ Grahame.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course BushBaby. This problem here is the spam - people trying to push their own property and the spam usually is of the type of "Wow! Do I have a deal for you". All done by pm or email and the new poster is unaware of the due diligence that is needed.

Like I've said before to new posters .. take the first 10 pm's or emails you receive after your first post .. all with a grain of salt!

I love Rocky's Ribs!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Spam

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    If any poster that is looking for a rental property is being spammed (email or PM) by other posters trying to push their own rental property, please let me know via PM or email.

I will terminate the spamming posters account and I will personally bend over backwards to secure you an amazing rental deal, with either one of our current advertisers or other property owners we know and support.

We know a lot of people here at DR1 and have a reasonable amount of "pull" when it comes to negotiating rental contracts

We go out of our way to protect our paying advertisers, so if you are not already advertising with us, now is the time to start.

Dominican Republic Rentals

Do we send our advertisers clients?
    Just ask Judy at Las Canas, she is almost fully booked for the next 3 months and 90% of her rentals are from DR1.

Sosua : Dominican Republic Rentals : Condo For Rent
    Just to clarify, spam means unsolicited posted information, NOT when a person replies to another, after the original post!

For example ~ If a person starts a thread stating, I have this villa for rent, anyone interested? This IS spam.

When a person responds to a poster, who is looking for a villa to rent on the north coast and happens to have what he/she is looking for. This ISN"T spam!

If you don't believe me, LOOK IT UP!
    The key word here, is unsolicited.

Isn't this forum partly here for many to learn and discuss things?

What if a poster came on and asked if anyone had a boat that they could rent and then a poster responds with, yes I have one that I could rent to you? This is the same thing but it would be fine.

Unsolicited emails are spam, providing information between one another within a forum should be no problem.
    Steve

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve, self-promotion is spam. Advertising is something you pay for.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's make this very simple.

If you're a property owner and NOT a current advertise and you promote your property on DR1 in anyway, this includes replying to posts on the message board or sending PM's or emails, your account will eventually be erased. Yes, you will get a "first offense" warning, but the next time your caught, your account will be erased.

Steve, we don't have a "rent a boat" section on DR1.... yet, so that's a little different. These types of posts are normally directed towards the classifieds.

We work very hard to maintain DR1 and make sure our advertisers get a great return on their investment. At the end of the day, they are the ones that pay the bills and their investment in DR1 will be looked after.

I love Rocky's Ribs!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Spam

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Steve, self-promotion is spam. Advertising is something you pay for.
    I stand by what I said. It was only when the DR1 got the real estate section, that any talk of real estate for rent became taboo.

If dr1 had a car rental section, all posts of renting cars anywhere else, would become taboo too.

Dr1 can't have a piece of every pie, it just doesn't work that way.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Costa Azul View Post
    I stand by what I said.
    You can stand by what you say as long as you want to But until you own the DR1, you're gonna have to go by 'Robert's Rules of Order'.

I love Rocky's Ribs!
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Not Spam

You can stand by what you say as long as you want to But until you own the DR1, you're gonna have to go by 'Robert's Rules of Order'.
    I do play by the rules. Just don't call a solicited response "spam" when it clearly is not.

I love Rocky's Ribs!
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Spam

Maybe, I'll just buy it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast