Mayor of Montellano

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
This lady should be president. There is a ray of hope.

Is it hype or does she really know how to think outside the proverbial box.

I am thinking that it is only the Dominican ?authority? male that exudes the shameless, transparent corrupt (morally and socially) mentality.

I applaud this person, has anyone ever met her?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Yes, ...... I have met her several times in her business premises. I would be most interested as to why you consider her recent actions as transparent, uncorrupt etc.

Was this not the lady who changed from the PRD just before the last election so that she could become Mayor somewhere?

Please, don't respond with PM's as before as I will not respond to those, upfront confrontation on this thread is fine with me. ~ Grahame.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Sosuanews makes her look like a saint in her crusade against Winston Spencer. LOL. You can't always believe everything you read on the internet though.

Sounds like a nice lady doing good things especially making sure everyone in town has a job to earn some Christmas money.I hope this part is true. I feel anyone who wants to work and earn a living should be able to do so.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I can't say one bad thing about her. When I was in puerto plata, she helped me with my residency papers and charged me far less than she charges other people. She helped me in many other ways too and guided me in daily life. I owe alot to her. In my books she is OK. Now I have no contact with her for the past 7 yrs so I don't know what she is up to now.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
A very strong woman with strong words and will power. She will stay there a long time.
AZB

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
I would like to see what she accomplishes.

I just pray that nothing ?happens? to her and if so that her nemesis is put directly in jail and kept there.

It appears he is an amoral slime with the conscience of a banana, oh, a typical Dominican male authoritative figure. (?one million pesos have gone missing?)

Then again he will not be held accountable for anything he may do. Integrity and accountability must not have Spanish translations. (?But he comes from a rich family and his father has many friends among the important governors in this country.?)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I really think that the issue is far more complex than one crusading Mayor (good person) vs. Winston Spencer (bad guy). There are historical issues over what was promised to the Mayor to get her to leave the PRD (where she had been a PRD Diputada for 4 years) and move with her followers to the PLD. There are transparency issues as to how this was presented to the people of Montellano at the time. There are items about Montellano becoming a municipality relatively recently & who was promised what in advance of this event. Then there are the alliances issues: allegedly, according to Dra. Fermin the Governor, Jose Cesar de los Santos, backs her whilst the Senator, Francis Vargas and Deputy Dr. Alfonso Cris?stomo back Winston Spencer.
S?*ndica responsabiliza l?*deres PLD cris?*s ayuntamiento Montellano

Then I think a bit of digging might reveal that less than saintly things have been done by both sides but I think someone with more in depth knowledge than me should comment. I do know that by the end of November even the Governor had had enough & removed himself from his mediation role
Puerto Plata Digital

I would urge those interested to keep an open mind on this one and to be very aware of spin, by both sides.

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
Purchased a new refuse collection truck.

She is an aberration, I am getting the impression she is not Dominican.

May be everyone has jetpetas?

This makes me think that may be DR1 should receive emails about ?good? politicians/people, investigate and if true do a small story. This is much better reading than regurgitating the same old Dominican news, which one (1) in one hundred (100) is interesting.

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
Kudos

She also said that Montellano should not be entirely dependent on the sugar plant, but that residents should try to find alternative sources of income.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Looks like its a done deal.......

Se rebos? la copa, la s?ndico de Montellano y ex diputada al Congreso Nacional, Graciela Ferm?n no aguant? m?s y decidi? abandonar las filas del Partido de la Liberaci?n Dominicana (PLD) para volver a su casa original el Partido Revolucionario Dominicano (PRD), donde se le ha reservado su posici?n anterior de presidenta provincial, conoci? El Faro.

And it seems like Nuria's investigations might have triggered the decision....

La situaci?n fue generada por las investigaciones que realizan reporteros del programa "Nuria en el Nueve," en base a supuestas irregularidades que ha cometido en la administraci?n de recursos del Ayuntamiento que preside, estableci?ndose fue una mentira, de acuerdo a declaraciones que ofreci? mostrando soportes contables y justificando cada gasto.
my bold
COSAS DE MONTELLANO

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yep........in El Faro (print version) there is a paid space announcement by Graciela. She will leave the PLD & return to PRD but apparently stay on as Mayor of Montellano.............it appears that this is allowed, legally. I can't link to the paid space because they never appear in online version but here is same article as above, also in El Faro.
Periodico El Faro - Recul? Graciela, se fue del PLD, vuelve al PRD recuperando su cargo de presidenta provincial

Graciela's letter to President appears in Cosas de Montellano
http://cosasdemontellano.blogspot.com/2008/05/graciela-enva-carta-de-agradecimiento.html

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I don't know about this specific case, and what she stands to gain from being in the PRD rather than the PLD, but in general, elections are about voters allegiance to personalities more than to parties, and politicians' self interest rather than party loyalty.

Look at all those PRSC members who jumped ship to the PLD and the recent spate of high-profile defections from the PRD to the PLD - self-interest or ideology?