Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Security Upgrade at El Neptuno

Those who have stayed or are considering staying at El Neptuno condominium in Sosua will be interested in knowing that security is being significantly upgraded.

Workers are in the process of raising the wall on one side of the property by 3+' with wrought iron. Gates are being installed on all the stairways leading from the street to the building and all but one will be locked with padlocks. The gate that will be used by most will also be locked,but with an electronic keyless lock. Each authorized person will have a code that opens the gate. The lock can handle up to 90 different codes, so each apartment will have its own code, and codes will be deleted as soon as a renter checks out.

The day entrance for visitors and others who do not have a code will be the entrance to the property by the office,which means walking through the property to get to the building. This will increase chances of spotting an intruder. At night, this gate will be locked and also the gate from the pool area to the terrace in front of the building. The night entrance will be the gate with the electronic gate and it will be opened by the night watchman for persons who are not authorized to have a code. A record will be made of all persons admitted by the night watchman.

The back of the building is also being closed off with 6' cyclone fence.

Other measures are likely in the future, after we have some experience with the above described. To the extent possible, our plan is to make El Neptuno a gated community.
    Last edited by Ken; 12-18-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken, are you the owner of Neptuno? Has this place been hit particularly hard by crime that it necessitated these measures, or are you just reassuring clients and potential clients of what you are doing?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

No, not the owner of El Neptuno, but the owner of one of the condos and a member of the board of directors.

We are not doing this because of a past crime wave. We are doing it because security has become more of a concern than in the past, as evidenced by the number of threads started on dr1 about security issues.

Our buildings have been very open, making it too easy for intruders. We feel that given the general security situation that we have been lucky not to have had more security problems than we had. The upgrade is proactive, trying to close the barn door before the horse is out of the barn.

We think it will also make our apartments more attractive to potential buyers should any of the owners want to sell. Likewise to potential renters, since many of these days want to know about the security situation before sending their rental deposit.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken:

Did you ever apprehend Michael John, The Percale Bandit that made off with the comforter last year? I hope you alerted the folks at El Balcones of the potential dangers of renting to these unfriendly guests.

tambo'

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Tambo', no they promised, but never did a thing. Are they at Balcones? If they are, we will certainly follow up.

Please let me know if they are there or have been renting there.

Mr. Chunky Skin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    No, not the owner of El Neptuno, but the owner of one of the condos and a member of the board of directors.

We are not doing this because of a past crime wave. We are doing it because security has become more of a concern than in the past, as evidenced by the number of threads started on dr1 about security issues.

Our buildings have been very open, making it too easy for intruders. We feel that given the general security situation that we have been lucky not to have had more security problems than we had. The upgrade is proactive, trying to close the barn door before the horse is out of the barn.

We think it will also make our apartments more attractive to potential buyers should any of the owners want to sell. Likewise to potential renters, since many of these days want to know about the security situation before sending their rental deposit.
    Now Ken, you say the security upgrade is proactive when in actuality it was reactive to the many problems with security at El Neptuno. I've even heard of a recent burglary within the last few days at Neptuno, this happening after your bandaid approach to fixing the problem.
    Dare I bring out the list of breakins, attempted breakins and burglaries at Neptuno over the last several years? You and the other owners know it's quite extensive. It appears you are still free of logic, common sense and truth in speaking.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

AlaninDR; Such a clown... lol

The topic of crime is in every paper and TV station every day.. every hour... every minute... in every Country. DR1 included.

Some places have taken a more aggressive stance to better secure their properties and it has required great time, diplomicy and monies to make those advances.

If you wish to make comments concerning "a" property; then I expect you to include "B, C, D,E...." with ALL the facts.

After all, I live here and invest here. Do you?

Regards, Ringo

Mr. Chunky Skin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Ringo, and probably longer than you. I do live, here, invest here and have citizenship here. I also owned condos at Neptuno and still have interests there. What bothers me about Ken is his constant manipulation and distortion of facts. Since you recommend Julio Brea, who I also use, simply ask him about Ken's distortion of facts and what was actually said at a meeting over one year ago regarding security.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

AlaninDR... you are mixing this thread with other threads. I never named "Julio Brea" nor do I see that anyone else has. (Note to self: fire Julio.)

I WILL NOT GET INTO personal attacks... well... maybe Rocky. I will support, from my point of view, those that have earned my respect. I suppose that you have your point of view also, so give facts and not "what bothers you" about someone/something else. Geeezzz; everyone "bothers" me one way or another. LOL.

BTW: 12 years part and full time. Does not mean that I have learned anything. Another Pizzing contest? lol.

Regards, Ringo

Mr. Chunky Skin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    FOR those that wish to buy/rent... The atty. mentioned, Dr. Brea is with DR1 recommended firm, is the man to retain.

Regards, Ringo
    You did mention Julio Brea.
    And I am happy to post an extensive list of security problems at El Neptuno as soon as Ken denies it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast