Traditional christmas ingredients!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi and merry christmas to everyone.
This year i am trying to do a traditional english christmas day feast for my family here, i have been searching for dried fruit to make a christmas cake and pudding. Does anyone know where i miht find it, am in Higuey. am also having a nightmare trying to find wrapping paper for our gifts. if anyone can help, it would be great!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go to Santo Domingo!! Just bite the bullet.

Maybe at the Jumbo in La Romana..

HB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi and merry christmas to everyone.
This year i am trying to do a traditional english christmas day feast for my family here, i have been searching for dried fruit to make a christmas cake and pudding. Does anyone know where i miht find it, am in Higuey. am also having a nightmare trying to find wrapping paper for our gifts. if anyone can help, it would be great!

Also trying to do traditional English dinner for this Christmas day but I gave up on the pudding and cake but I do have Paxo stuffing!!! Never really enjoyed the puddings and cake since my Mum died in 2003 as she was the "boss" of that side of the meals, nevertheless we will attempt the rest here and may replace the traditional Christmas pud with a lighter sweet. Hope you find your ingredients though.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Good luck with your xmas feast, i am freaking out. It will be my first xmas dinner, am v nervous. With the added pressure im cooking for people that have never had food like it, all dominican guinea pigs ha ha. Am making fresh parsley stuffing, but like yourself i may just have to give up on the cakes and pudding, traditional ones anyway. am gonna do my best but wont be the same without mince pies and sausage rolls. will just have to have alittle extra baileys to make up for it, i think that sounds fair!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Good luck with your xmas feast, i am freaking out. It will be my first xmas dinner, am v nervous. With the added pressure im cooking for people that have never had food like it, all dominican guinea pigs ha ha. Am making fresh parsley stuffing, but like yourself i may just have to give up on the cakes and pudding, traditional ones anyway. am gonna do my best but wont be the same without mince pies and sausage rolls. will just have to have alittle extra baileys to make up for it, i think that sounds fair!

And good luck with yours too - am sure they will all enjoy whatever you serve them as you can't beat a traditional English Christmas dinner (with or without the pudding and cake). They are supplying mince pies in Sosua at Flora's Pantry but that may be a bit far for you....