Passport or Birth Cert./Military ID??

J

Jan

Do I need a passport? or will a Military ID suffice as in Aruba.

M

Milo

Last time I checked you need a passport, OR a government issued birth certificate and a picture ID. A church or hospital issued birth certificate will not work. A military ID would work for the picture ID. Children under age 14 years do not need the picture ID but must be with a parent or have notarized papers from a parent allowing the trip. I think it is always best to have a passport and they are not hard to get ,,, if you have a US government issued birth Certificate and an official picture ID.

J

Jim Hinsch

This question has been asked many times. Did you search the old messages? It doesn't matter what is "required" by the government. The airlines will be at least as strict in what is required by the Dominican government. It won't do you any good to pass the Dominican government requirements unless you also pass the AIRLINE's requirements, since they won't let you board the plane if you don't satisfy them. So check with your airline.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

T

Tom

An active Military ID will be treated equally as a passport by any country that maintains diplomatic relations with the US

Tom

J

jerry

Tom

I would have to question you on that one. Unless things have changed in the last 12 years, when I was stationed in England, I was able to travel through out Western Europe on my military ID as long as they were NATO countries and I had a form stating that I was stationed in one of those NATO countries. I was not able to enter Switzerland without a passport because they were not NATO. Maybe things have changed and the DR might not care, But doesn't Switzerland have diplomatic relations with the US

Jerry

T

Tom

Gerry

It has been so long I really couldn't provide a clear answer. Maybe it was NATO members and you had to posess valid orders or leave, I can't recall and use a passport these days

Tom