Visiting in March--where to stay?

billt8552

Oct 22, 2007
I'm visiting the Samana area in late March. Just me and my backpack--no wife or daughters--looking for an inexpensive place to stay. Can anyone give me any ideas. I am 56, getting ready to retire. I'm not weird--just getting a much-needed break from the family--possibly looking for a place for my family to move to in 2009. I am open to advice.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Cheap accommodations, Samana Peninsula

I'm visiting the Samana area in late March. Just me and my backpack--no wife or daughters--looking for an inexpensive place to stay. Can anyone give me any ideas. I am 56, getting ready to retire. I'm not weird--just getting a much-needed break from the family--possibly looking for a place for my family to move to in 2009. I am open to advice.

Cheap accommodations, Samana Peninsula

In Las Galeras, Las Mariposas Guariqu?n - Cosa facciamo - Ecoturismo - Ospitalit? or La Rancheta Karin & Ronald La Rancheta, Las Galeras, Samana Peninsula Dominican Republic
In Las Terrenas, Fata Morgana ::F A T A M O R G A N A:: - Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
and Hotel Chino in Samana, cheapy cheapy, up on the hill.
Forget to mention , Santi Casa Berca in El Limon, ::::Samana Net:::parada Santi, Horseback riding Excursions and Casa Berca Typico Dominican Restaurant cheap rooms with or w/o breakfast.

Good luck,
WebDev

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
I notice that both of you in the above posts have only listed hotels that advertise on your websites. What about the rest of the small mom and pop hotels on the Samana peninsula that are very reasonable?

billt8552

Oct 22, 2007
SDQ to Las Terrenas--best way to travel?

Flying into SDQ--it was only and cheapest flight without overnight layover in NY or San Juan--what are my options to travel from SDQ to Las Terrenas?

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Search Button

...options to travel from SDQ to Las Terrenas?
1. By air (about 90 US$) to El Portillo airfield, outside LT.
2. By bus (Caribe Tours or Metro (around 300 RD$) to Sanchez, then with a guagua over the hills to LT.

Janin

P.S.:
Do a search and get detailed info.