They closed it just before I was going to popose this.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
or, those who have been banned many times in the past??? ninja:
Good idea. Maybe DR1 could have a PPV section where all banned or red squared members could post. Members would have to pay 5 bucks a month to vue it. The monies collected could go to any worthy cause determined by Rob.

OK now close it if you wish but it would be a money maker. "Don't know about the work involved though"

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
That worthy cause could be the DR1 moderators for all the pain and suffering they have to put up with :)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
That worthy cause could be the DR1 moderators for all the pain and suffering they have to put up with :)

If you're seriously considering it. Put it up for vote. A "yes" vote would have to be accompanied by a $5.00 pledge.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003

LOL - I can just imagine !! ;)

Eddy - unfortunately some of those who have red squares are not necessarily the "naughty" ones - just those who didn't read the rules right and gave away all of their reputation points to others before building their own up!

Marlie

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

Eddy - unfortunately some of those who have red squares are not necessarily the "naughty" ones - just those who didn't read the rules right and gave away all of their reputation points to others before building their own up!

Marlie

All right 2 red squares. LOL. But I am serious.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
If you're seriously considering it. Put it up for vote. A "yes" vote would have to be accompanied by a $5.00 pledge.

If I have to pay $5.00 to keep posting just because I insulted someone, then the person who made me insult them should have to pay also.

Besides, these moderators, the ones who mete out these punishments, do not constitute a jury of my peers.

In the words of the immortal Oscar Madison from the Odd Couple-"This is a kangaroo court-and you're a kangaroo!!!!":cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

Marlie

Where are these silly rules posted? I'd like to read them as the Mars and Venus section is boring right now.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm sure a paypall account could be set up but I think $5 is too cheap.

$10 or 15 paid up front before being allowed into the wrestling ring. And I suggest CCCCCCCCCC return to moderate it

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

$10 or 15 paid up front before being allowed into the wrestling ring.

Can we have wrestling names? you can pick one for me-Abdullah the Butcher, Buzz Sawyer or Mil Mascaras? :cheeky:

And you should have one of your worst offenders moderating it-that should be fun as all hell!!!

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have played with the idea of a private/members forum that is a lot more open and basically any topic is ok. If you think it's something that would be popular, then start posting here why and would you pay money to join it?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006

$10 or 15 paid up front before being allowed into the wrestling ring. And I suggest CCCCCCCCCC return to moderate it

thank you for answering my question..now tell Robert :laugh:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ok. let me clarify (as i always seem to have to do on here), will credit cards be accepted, paypal, throw it in a hat, dropoff points etc. ???

PayPal and Credit Cards are the only payment option if you want to establish a members only area.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
We have played with the idea of a private/members forum that is a lot more open and basically any topic is ok. If you think it's something that would be popular, then start posting here why and would you pay money to join it?

There have been threads that have been locked because they have deviated from the original premise but were indeed interesting.

Also, there are certain topics that we as DR1 members would like to discuss that have nothing to do with the DR. Other successful threads have sections for non-topic related banter and they do not seem to suffer for it.

We should have a section like this as well, where we can discuss whatever we want without the threat of having it closed for deviating off the original point.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We should have a section like this as well, where we can discuss whatever we want without the threat of having it closed for deviating off the original point.

Would you pay to access this section? If so, how much would you think is fair?