cigaarrrrsssssssssss

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
:pirate: Where can I buy some quality cigars in Santiago? Also, do they sell Cubans in DR? Like Montecristos? If so, where can I buy them? Also, if anyone would like to get together to smoke a few cigars, let me know, thanks. Peace.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are a couple of places:
Centro Leon
Supermercado Nacional
Cigar store at the Gran Almirante.
However, none of these places has what you could call "great prices"

You'll have to wait until January for the factories to open again (around the 15th) if you want to get good prices..but only if you know the owners....

When I get back, perhaps we can sit, sip and contemplate your academic future with a nice cigar....I happen to have more than a few.....

Now if only you played bridge and golf, you'd be perfect!!

HB

jon-dr

Jun 2, 2007
Try the Museum for Leon Jimenes in Santiago. It is there factory store and cheaper than I saw in other places. You also get a coupon for a glass of Presidente which the same company owns.

Last edited:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
if you want the best, its a Dominican Twist......the wrap is double colored just like a baber post.....but they are tough to find though.....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dude, those are tricks of the trade, no more, no less. It does take a better roller to make one, and you do use more wrapper, but the insides are the same as any other cigar....

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The best deal I've found are Principe Rum's, which can be found really fresh at El Nacional or El Central. I understand they are seconds but at RD75 for 5, there good enough for a chopo like me. I have smoked US10 cigars, and honestly, I found the Principe better. I like more or less a mild cigar that I know I can go home and brush my teeth the same day and the following day and have no smokey aftertaste. Once in a while you'll get an inferior one or one that is not fresh and moist but just toss it.