Fishing Charter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRed

Nov 27, 2007
We will be in Puerta Plata the week of Jan 21. My husband would love to go deep sea fishing. Does anyone have any recommendations. Thanks!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I recommend Victor out of Sosua Bay, he has a 32' Chris Craft and is very reasonable. I PM'ed you his cell. He is American and will catch fish.

tambo'

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
We will be in Puerta Plata the week of Jan 21. My husband would love to go deep sea fishing. Does anyone have any recommendations. Thanks!

I'll be on the north coast during that time period, perhaps your other half would be interested in sharing a charter. If so let me know.'

Joe

Darius3456

Oct 10, 2004
Need Another Share?

I will be In Puerta Plata/Sosua during that period too and want to do alot of fishing. I would be interested in sharing the cost of a charter boat as well. Please let me know. Thanks.

Darius3456

flyer55

Dec 30, 2007
what are the chances of catching marlins in end of january-early february, will be in puerto plata around that time.

fudali

Jan 24, 2008
I recommend Victor out of Sosua Bay, he has a 32' Chris Craft and is very reasonable. I PM'ed you his cell. He is American and will catch fish.

tambo'

May I have this fellows contact info as well. We will be going to Puerto Plata on the 29th of Jan and I know my dad would love to to fishing. Or if you could recommend someone else. Also, what kind of fish can you catch? Thanks

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Regarding the marlin bite on the north coast, white and blues tend to pick up in april and peak through the summer, but you always have a chance at a billlfish on the north coast. For a more concentrated marlin bite, try Punta Cana in MAy. Multiple shots at 200-400lb blues all month, even on unpracticed charter boats.

There are several boats out of POP, but Victor sounds heads above the boats out of POP

Sasky

Feb 5, 2008
I will be in puerto plata next week and I am frickin excited! I was wondering if i could also get his cell number as I would love to go deep sea fishing. Or if you could recommend some other good fishing outfits in the area. Thanks in advance! :D

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
the boats out of the port in POP are ok, pay by the head boats that you will likely share with some other folks looking for fotos and a sunburn. You?ll catch something, a baracuda or hopefully a nice dorado on a half day ride. Depending on your skill level and experience, it is likely that you could get on the boat and work the cockpit to your liking, if you want to take control and run things. As far as POP area outfits, I can?t say anything especially good about them as far as serious offshore fishing goes. Sorry. But for a good half day on the ocean goes, sign on as a single and take what you get. Never know when something blue and striped will show up in the spread. Another way to go about fishing for the adventurous is hop on a local yola and handline for some yellowfins. That should bust your glamour bubble!!! Check around town at the pescaderias. they?ll hook you up....

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
I was in POP during November 2007 and went out of the POP port on the Lady Laura, I believe the boat was called. Nothing but an expensive boat ride. There was another boat full of tourists that went out as well and returned at the same time. They didn't seem too happy when they returned.

I'm an avid fisherman back home with my own boat. My guess is that fishing out of POP port is a total waste of time. Very little to be caught other than a possible sunburn, and that can be had for free by lying on the beach.

Definitely considering trying Victor in the future, however

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Hello If you still have it and are out there, can you PM me Victors Cell as well. I have 3 guys here interested in Fishing

Thanks in advance

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
fishing

If you want to go to Santo Domingo call Capt. Rob he runs a boat out of Boca Chica. Experienced Capt. with 30 years on the water. Nice guy, excellent tackle, Marina has a great rest. too. His Phone Number is 809-877-4332.

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
My brother in law and I went out on Victors boat in July and had a wonderful trip. We caught 3 baracuda and 1 wahoo. When we went out of POP in July of 2007, we caught nada.
I'll be in Sosua January 2nd-9th If anyone would like to split the cost of a trip, please drop me a PM. I'd love to go out again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.