THANKS TO Ms & Mr Whirleybird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
YOU helped us make a lot of people very happy!

Short story:
Our housekeeper lives in the Sabeneta area, along with her greadparents, parents and... no one knows how many faimily members and friends. We (Mrs. Ringo and I), anlong with our contractor, Eriberto Polanco, dropped off several food boxes to people in need in the area. Eriberto, bless his heart, asked that we work with him to do this rather than giving him a Christmas bonus or gift. Then we went up to see Ms & Mr Whirleybird to pick up a couple of fresh, ready to cook pigs and a half a lamb. The pigs, 75 and 90 lbs, one for our housekeeper and one for our groundskeeper (in Monte Llano).

Our housekeeper came in today... she was so happy and excited that we could not understand much of what she said. Appears that the 90 lb. pig that she got, gathered most of the people in her area, family, friends and neighbors... each bringing a little something. All had a great time of sharing and I can only imagine the contentment with full bellies and perhaps a day of being OK.

Our groundkeeper comes tomorrow (his choice). Hope to hear another good story.

Ms. & Mr. Whirleybird, thanks for your warm hospitality. Your impressive ranch is wonderful. Had some lamb last night.... WOW. Well worth the trip!

BTW Mr. Whirleybird, Happy Birthday.

Best wishes and thanks, Mr. & Mrs. Ringo

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They have some good eating pigs, I have tried them. I'm waiting to taste the lamb, my favorite meat!

If your in the market for a pig or lamb, then you need to contact Mr. & Mrs. Whirleybird, they have great food and are good people.

----------- DR1 Classified Ad ------------

Lamb/ Mutton and Suckling pigs for sale NOW!
We have home reared lambs (under 14 months) @ 140 pesos per lb and mutton (15 months - 3 yrs) @ 100 pesos per lb. Approx. size is 32 - 40 lbs, minimum order is 1/2 a lamb/ mutton. Also whole suckling pigs at 75 pesos per lb, approx size 30 - 35 lbs. All meat is offered slaughtered and cleaned and if required the piggies can be marinaded or even cooked and delivered. For an exact quote please contact bigpalmfinca@hotmail.com or call Skype phone on 809 202 3791 or Skype name whirleybird2006. (Our finca is situated close by to Sabaneta).

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have, only today, discovered this thread.... so forgive me for not acknowledging it previously. I am so glad your workers' families enjoyed their piggies and it added to their enjoyment of the festive season. The one we cooked for Charlie's birthday party weighed 105 lbs prior to going on the the big open fire bbq and was cooked to perfection after about 11 hours - needless to say it was a great success with our approx. 35 guests. Also very glad you enjoyed the lamb Mr. & Mrs. Ringo. As always that you Rocky for your kind words also and your promotion of our advert Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.