Santiago to Juan Dolio

jroff1

Dec 24, 2007
Hi all,

I've found some great information on this board and am thankful in advance for your help. My wife and I are arriving in Santiago at 4am on Wednesday. Our hotel is in Juan Dolio. From what I have read on this board, it seems like we have 2 options (not willing to rent a car):

1. Arrange for JJ to drive us. His website quotes $150 plus additional for early morning arrival.

2. Taxi from Santiago airport to bus station ($15), Bus from Santiago to Santo Domingo ($10 per person), Taxi from Santo Domingo to Juan Dolio ($23).

Am I missing anything? From what I can tell, option 1 will cost about $100 more, but will only take ~3-3.5 hours, whereas option 2 will probably take more like 5-6 hours.

Am I correct in all of my assumptions above? I am also interested in hearing any other alternatives to get from Santiago to Juan Dolio.

Thanks!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Go with option one. Taxi from Santo Domingo will be more like 50us$. You will be tired. It's a nice run through the hills. Chill and get to Juan Dolio in time for breakfast. Have a great hols and if you need to know anything about Juan Dolio just pm me.

Matilda (Juan Dolio)

jroff1

Dec 24, 2007
I emailed JJ (Rocio) and was informed that they have no available drivers. I guess it's a busy travel time. Can anyone recommend a different company that I can contact?

Is it possible to ask a taxi driver at the Santiago airport to drive us all the way to Juan Dolio? If so, how much should we expect to pay?

Thanks!