Watching DVD's on Trujillo

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG is all I can say. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Being white American, I NEVER heard the name Trujillo in any of my high school "world" history classes. These classes were actually 100% European history classes since all students were from a European heritage. I guess the administration thought no one would care about the history of anywhere else. Or maybe there was just not enough time to really learn "world" history. Either way, it was NOT a world history course despite its name.

I think is limiting to travel to DR without knowing it's political history. You are seeing a country without your glasses on.

Unless, of course, you plan to stay at an AI which could be located almost anywhere in the world. If you are at an AI, you probably have to constantly remind yourself what country you are in because 99% of all the people you see there look and speak exactly like you do.

Last edited:

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Hello Ocean: What part of this would you ask us to debate? Pick one or clarify your own debate issue, please. Me hungry and want to debate. Or was that "date"? I forget...

a. Is it ever okay to travel to the DR without knowing its history?
b. White Americans - who heard of Trujillo before visiting the DR?
c. What should teachers teach about the DR? (I have found some guides available from liberal textbook makers....)

Please pick a debate.

gracias, Sam