Restaurant Update - Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
Hi, Returning to Sosua Jan.1 for a few days and I am looking for restaurant ideas. I have been to a few but was looking for one that I have missed that you would recommend. I have eaten at Rocky's of course, La Roca, Central in Charimicos, Orchidee, Giorgio, Waterfront. Best Seafood? Thanks in advance.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi, Returning to Sosua Jan.1 for a few days and I am looking for restaurant ideas. I have been to a few but was looking for one that I have missed that you would recommend. I have eaten at Rocky's of course, La Roca, Central in Charimicos, Orchidee, Giorgio, Waterfront. Best Seafood? Thanks in advance.
People say that the best seafood is served at Restaurant El Batey, and for the top of the line varied menus, most agree that it's either la Finca or Joseph's Bar & Grill.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Rocky, I really enjoy your food but we need to visit other restaurants from time to time. Can you give me directions to la Finca and Joseph's Bar & Grill?

thanks Phil

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Restaurant El Batey is excellent! I ate their about a month ago, throughly enjoyed the food and they have reasonable prices.

It's one of those hidden jewels in Sosua, please don't tell anyone about it!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky, I really enjoy your food but we need to visit other restaurants from time to time. Can you give me directions to la Finca and Joseph's Bar & Grill?

thanks Phil
La Finca is just down the street from us.
If you walked out of Rocky's and turned right, crossing the street at some point, when you would get to the first corner, as the road bends to the left, is the entrance to La Finca.
Joseph's is in Hotel Sosua By The Sea.
If you need directions for SBTS, please advise.
Bon Appetit.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The last I knew Joseph's Grill and Grape was only opened three or four nights a week so a phone call to SBTS might be worthwhile to confirm which nights it operates.

Gregg

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
Thanks for the help. Yes I checked Joseph's and it wasn't open Mon-Wed. at least. La Finca looks real good . I couldn't get much info on El Batey which as Robert implies might be a good thing. All ideas are appreciated. Ed.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks for the help. Yes I checked Joseph's and it wasn't open Mon-Wed. at least. La Finca looks real good . I couldn't get much info on El Batey which as Robert implies might be a good thing. All ideas are appreciated. Ed.
Those are simply the three best.
Everyone will have a different opinion of which is #1, but they're all so good, that you'll be satisfied at any and all.
Of course, you do understand that they may seem a bit pricey, but good quality costs more.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

El Batey is open every day except Sunday. If you like lobster, the "Lobster Crema" is as good as you will get anywhere, not just the DR. Ask for Richard to come out from the kitchen and he will show you the lobsters first.

The phone is 809-571-2910.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Only advertisers or third party endorsements are allowed when promoting a business.

Joe, contact us for advertising info.

Last edited by a moderator:

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Is Morua Mai out of favour here for some reason? A little pricey, but clean and comfortable with attentive service. I always enjoy their marisco mixto platter.

Whereabouts is Restaurant El Batey?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Is Morua Mai out of favour here for some reason? A little pricey, but clean and comfortable with attentive service. I always enjoy their marisco mixto platter.

El Batey Restaurant is on the South side of Pedro Clisante, East of the Super Super.

Morua Mai is still good, and I agree that it's pricey, but so are the other three mentioned in this thread.
If you want great food with great service in a great ambiance, it's going to cost more that the local burger joint.

N

naturelover

there is a new restaurant where topiary joes used to be on pedro clisante ...I will have to go again to make my mind up about it, it was cheap but the presentation of what i ordered left a little to be desired

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
there is a new restaurant where topiary joes used to be on pedro clisante ...I will have to go again to make my mind up about it, it was cheap but the presentation of what i ordered left a little to be desired
Unless Topiary Joes moved to yet another location, and that you are referring to the old Mama Mia location, there is no restaurant there.
Can you describe the location that you are speaking about?

Aug 21, 2007
My two cents worth. Morua Mai is consistently good with good service and nice presentation. For two dinners with salads, martinis, and a glass of wine for dinner, the cost averages about 2,000 pesos with our tip.

La Finca is a bit more sophisticated. Sauces are exquisite. Service is excellent. The soups are nice. The price is a bit more. We ate there a few days ago, had soup, dinner, a bottle of decent wine. The bill was about 3,400.

Joseph's was a huge disappointment to us. They advertise steak, but in our estimation, it was only fair. The fish my husband had was good, but was it the best? No. I forget the cost of the meal, but it was more expensive than Morua Mai and La Finca. The one thing they did exceptionally well was the little appetizer that came with our cocktail. It was garlic parsley that I think was crispy fried. I have never had anything like this before. I still dream about it.

I don't know Restaurant El Batey, but I will go there this week. And I don't know the lobster restaurant that was referred to, but I will also try that within a week.

For good, reasonable, home cooking, you can't go wrong with Rocky's- breakfast through dinner!

Any other restaurant recommendations from others would be welcome. We will try them all and report back!

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Only advertisers or third party endorsements are allowed when promoting a business.

Joe, contact us for advertising info.

**Apologies -- was responding to an earlier thread with info, didn't mean to break the rules :) **

N

naturelover

i beleive its on the corner or pedro clisante and david stern ....errrm its on a corner anyway near to el batey restaurante

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Oh Do come on.......

London 777 - El Batey is the resturant opposite Club Residential - a little pricey but a great hide away where you cant been seen with great food.

I personally have a passion for El Torro - however as you are a Veggie you wouldnt be interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.