Another one thinking of Moving to the DR

FelixFernandez

Dec 25, 2007
Hello, I am finance professional with a college degree obtained in the US, and I am considering moving back to the DR where i grew up, did high school and some college.

Any advice for obtaining a job either as a finance manager at a resort or working as an exec at a multinational financial institution would be appreciated.

I've been searching careerbuilder.com and monster.com without success.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
As with the top jobs in the US, the best jobs in the DR are from networking. Since you went to school in the DR, you must have a good base of friends who know you well - tap those resources first and see who can connect you.

After that, the best thing is to spend some time in the DR, networking and meeting the right people who can give you a job.

FelixFernandez

Dec 25, 2007
Thanks for the reply, I have started contacting the old buddies from school. Hopoe something comes out of that. Also, i've been in the states for 15 years now so I am not familiar with the salaries. what is considered a good salary? what is a great salary? for junior exec, general manager etc.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Try this site for more jobs in DR infoempleos.net, this site is for jobs in the DR only.
good luck.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks for the reply, I have started contacting the old buddies from school. Hopoe something comes out of that. Also, i've been in the states for 15 years now so I am not familiar with the salaries. what is considered a good salary? what is a great salary? for junior exec, general manager etc.

Search the forums as this topic has been discussed in the last year or so. Typically though a professional here will make 1/5 to 1/8 of those in the States. This is not the case for some professionals that work for international companies, but as you can expect these jobs are highly sought after. The other option is to be a politician as they typically make more than their American counterpart. Oh yeah but then again you are educated and more than likely intelligent, so you don't qualify!:)