Beautiful dog looking for a home

wisecucu

Aug 1, 2006
Hi everybody,

I'm kind of new here. My wife and I will be moving out of DR very soon. We have a beautiful 4-years-old female siberian husky and it seems that, sadly, we won't be able to take her with us.

We're looking for a real home for her. The only thing she needs the most is love. She loves people and other dogs. She is used to jog with me and stops at every corner. She likes to sleep at my feet while working on the PC. She has the sweetest eyes. Barks rarely (a characteristic of the breed) and has a very soft nature.

We won't sell her. No business here. We want a real home for her and will help with the food and vet care.

Please pm if interested in having a new family member who will make you laugh every day and will be with you unconditionally.

Thanks in advance.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Hi everybody,

I'm kind of new here. My wife and I will be moving out of DR very soon. We have a beautiful 4-years-old female siberian husky and it seems that, sadly, we won't be able to take her with us.

We're looking for a real home for her. The only thing she needs the most is love. She loves people and other dogs. She is used to jog with me and stops at every corner. She likes to sleep at my feet while working on the PC. She has the sweetest eyes. Barks rarely (a characteristic of the breed) and has a very soft nature.

We won't sell her. No business here. We want a real home for her and will help with the food and vet care.

Please pm if interested in having a new family member who will make you laugh every day and will be with you unconditionally.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you love this dog. Why can't you keep her if you don't mind me asking.

wisecucu

Aug 1, 2006
Sounds like you love this dog. Why can't you keep her if you don't mind me asking.

Feel free to ask. The thing is that we are moving out because the past two years were not good ones, mostly financially speaking. When we finally move we'll spend the very first months in my mother-in-law's house. Not dogs allowed. Also not too much money in hands.

The first thing we thought (and still we dream about) was to ask somebody to take care of her until we have our own space and then take her with us. The problem is that all this movement is not good for her. Too much confusion. I believe is better to find somebody who can and really wants to take care of her and to love her. The we'll simply visit her when we can. It's better for her and also for the new owner. I'm not exagerating when I talk about my dog as I do. Everybody falls in love with her, so I know it's hard to have her and later see her go. We have her since she was a puppy and, believe me, I prefer to know that she is fine with somebody that loves her. Too much confusion is not good for her.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
I'm in Santiago.

Hmmm, is she house trained to let you know when she wants to go out or do you just take her out several times a day? Is she accustomed to spending most of her time inside the house or outside (like most of the dogs I see around here)? I'm just wondering because I've been wanting a dog really, really bad but I don't want a puppy as I have no experience training or house-breaking a dog. I also don't want my dog to be an outside-in-the-yard dog (I don't even have a yard). I would be taking my wonderful dog out several times a day with me on a leash for exercise (I don't jog but like to take strolls). The type of dog I desire is for companionship and to love. Also, is she up to date on her shots right now?

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Looking for home

I only have a few words of advice, I too came to the DR and left my dogs behind, I was so devastated by missing them, one of them a German Shepherd found a great home on a farm with a job for her and kids to love she was and is doing great. The other an Alaskan Malamute never did love his new owner, like he did me... sounds like your dog... it is the nature of the Husky... we finally brought him over after 3 months... and the reunion was quite a show at the airport.... Sadly he was not as well cared for and had some problems when he arrived and we lost him after a valiant battle on all our parts, he was only 7, but my point is that it was easier to lose him after fighting for him than not to have him with me. I urge you to do whatever you can to take this member of your family with you. It will be a regret and heartbreak for both of you I am sure. Good luck and all my prayers go with you and your family.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
As a dog lover I too agree with Spciedwine. Take YOUR dog with you when you leave. Find a place close to where you will live for him. Then after you are on your feet bail him out. DON'T LEAVE YOUR DOG HERE.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Have a heart! Wisecucu is probably already feeling lousy about having to give his dog to someone else. And he sounds like life here hasn't been too easy for him, so let's go easy. It IS New Year after all.

Sorry wisecucu we can't take her - just got a new rescue dog ourselves. But do hope you get a good home for her.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
New Home

I am not trying to make anyone feel bad, only telling my experience in leaving one of my beloved pets behind. No matter what kind of year anyone has had these animals offer us unconditional love in spite of the fact that we have had a bad day or year. I am sure they feel bad considering finding a new home for her, but they will feel worse if they leave her. That is a fact I know.
Please don't judge me, since you don't know me or what lengths I would and have gone to for the animals in my live. I was simply telling my experience and how it affected my by leaving them behind. I did not go into my circumstances or any of the reasons. Some on this board are very quick to jump in and judge. It is one of the best resources around for newbies and one of the worst for bickering and getting off track.
I am sure someone will slap my wrist for posting my opinion, once again.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you thought my post was directed at you SpicedWine, it wasn't. It was directed at the imperative last sentence of the post after yours. I think there's a world of difference in sharing one's own experience and giving a directive to someone else. I certainly wouldn't dream of judging you, nor could I possibly judge wisecucu for his decision because I don't know the circumstances and it isn't my position to judge in any case. Nor do I know if he will feel worse for leaving his dog than finding another home, because I don't know him. 'Have a heart' & 'let's go easy' were not judgements - they were mild suggestions not to be too hard on the OP. That's all.

By the way, did your other half enjoy the golf game with my other half a few weeks back?

Happy New Year! :)