Communications.........

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I'd like ask or suggest that somehow we either have a special forum, a "best of " list or just more discussion on ways to improve communications / phone services / television services etc for those of us whom live here.........or others who wish to contact friends/relatives in the DR......

There are just so many different types of plans ie: skype / vonage / 809plan / voip etc.............that it is hard to keep up on the best services.....

Calling plans are further complicated by whether you want to contact cellular lines or wired lines..........

I think that items of interest would be:

1. What is the best way to call a DR cell phone from US/Canada/Europe?

2. What is the best way to call a DR Land Line from the US/Canada/Europe?

3. What is the best way to call the US/Canada/Europe from a DR Landline?

4. What is the best way to call the US/Canada/Europe from a DR Cellphone?

5. What is the best way to receive TV by satellite in the DR?

6. What is the best way to receive Internet in the DR?

etc etc......

I know that these items have been discussed in the past, but there is no "BEST OF" category for these services............and there could possibly be some that none of us know of.....

......Basically, a better way to "group" these items so that they are easier to research.

Anyone have any ideas?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Problem is that the technology changes fast. What is true today, is not necessarily the thing to do tomorrow. I'm happy with Vonage and Skype. Someone else may be happy with Packet 8.

I'd be happy to keep a sticky up to date with the information that you've listed. Perhaps after you get some other suggestions from the posters.

My contribution would be to distinguish between land line and cell phone type solutions, and computerized solutions.