Best Way to Call US from DR Codetel Land Line

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
.......add the "USA PLAN" to your landline with Codetel.........the cost is $100.RD per month and all calls to the US are RD$1.00 per minute 24 hours a day........

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
You might also consider Skype. Our landline is good for about 3 to 5 minutes before this horrible noise starts and you must disconnect and redial. With Skype you can use a webcam, and see the kids and grandkids.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Was hoping that Skype.......

You might also consider Skype. Our landline is good for about 3 to 5 minutes before this horrible noise starts and you must disconnect and redial. With Skype you can use a webcam, and see the kids and grandkids.

......would be another "Best Of" category.........

ie: Best way to call the US/Canada/Europe FROM A COMPUTER

How about starting one of those for discussion...........then we'd be able to compare Skype with other computer based programs and compare rates, ease of use etc.........

......whereas this would be for people trying to find ways to call from DR Codetel Land Lines......

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
.......add the "USA PLAN" to your landline with Codetel.........the cost is $100.RD per month and all calls to the US are RD$1.00 per minute 24 hours a day........

Wow, thanks Bad Boy. You would think that Codetel might tell me about this plan seeing that my phone bill is full of calls to the U.S. But then I forgot, I'm in the DR; why would they want to save me any money??? Thanks again; I'll be going there in a couple of days and will get on this plan immediately.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I've had the plan

........USA PLAN with Codetel for about 5 months now and it is great!. I just wish that they would have a similar plan with the cells.........

I only posted it now since I was hoping we'd be able to organize a few of the "best place" categories to include some of the communications IE; phones/internet/sat tv etc.............

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
809 Plan

If u have a phone in the US/Canada u can get UNLIMITED phone calls from any land line in the DR for FREE.

I have this plan here in Canada for 2 years now,,,, the cost is 24.99 for one month (if u want to give it a try) 19.95 for 6 months and 14.95 for a year

The 6 and 12 months plan are pre-paid,,, but there is not limit,,,, I talk all day with anybody that wants to call me from SD,,, I don't know when they will offer service from Santiago or POP.

If calling from the provinces it would be like calling SD,, not the cost of an international call,,,, from SD they just dial 809 and the number as a local call.

Give it a try,,,,, IT WORKS!!!!!

P.S.: No,,, I have no gains on this company,,, they give an incentive if u give my phone number as a reference,,,, but I am not posting it.

CB