Where to Buy Amber and Larimar?

SweetyPie

Dec 28, 2007
I want to buy a number of pieces of amber (tree sap) and larimar (polished rocks). I am overwhelmed by the prices. Where should I buy and what should I pay? Help me cut to the chase.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There are a couple of good jewelry shops in JD. One is across the street from Capella and the other one is in the Chocolate Plaza on the beach road. Both of these shops have some good quality and also some cheaper (fake). The price will tell the difference. You do not need to be an expert in jewelry to be able to see the difference. I certainly am not an expert but I made out alright shopping in JD for rings. Harrison's is the best place without a doubt for "real" stones, quality settings,and fine metals. They will be the most expensive. I think there is a Harrison's at Capella. I have never seen the vendors on the beach with "real" jewelry. It is all junk tourist stuff.

Dre, Are you saying that people can buy amber straight from the family who owns the amber mines? Where is El Valle?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Further to this thread

I too would like to buy larimar but in quantity at wholesale prices. Would like to buy items of jewlery for a store that I have.Will be in SD and JD week of Jan 13. Have driver so anything with-in an hour's drive is not a problem.
je

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
this is true it floats and glows I got blue amber U should see it under a black light, werey cool.